Will you be purchasing Happy Home Paradise?

Will you be buying paid DLC?

• Yes!

Votes: 447 81.7%
  • Not for me

Votes: 24 4.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 76 13.9%

• Total voters
I believe Nintendo confirmed there will be no exclusive items.
Huh? I thought the items that were newly introduced that were revealed in the HHP portion of the direct were only available by getting HHP and couldn't be found anywhere else besides where you buy them using poki. You saying they can be found in Nook's Cranny as well?

thats good for pp who dont want the dlc buuut its a dlc i wished there was something special you now, extra,
More etc i mean its a dlc

Getting to redesign our villagers homes on the island will be worth it. That's exactly what I've wanted.

It will likely never happen, but it would be cool to work with her and the HHA on redesigning our villagers' homes.

They should have incorporated some aspect of HHD, and let us offer to help decorate our villagers' homes. Provided we provide the furniture.

The villagers let us relocated their homes, and the starter 2 are okay with us choosing a location for their tent. I am sure they'd be okay with us helping them with interior design.

While I could create a laundry list of QOL things I'd like in New Horizons, here are things more specific that the series has refused to let us do yet.

1. Have items face diagonally. Right now items can only be rotated by 90 degrees at a time. Let us rotate by 45 degrees.

2. Decorate villagers homes. Yes HHD had this, but it hasn't been a thing in a mainline game.

Yes! Even though I'm not the biggest fan of HHD, I'm still going to get it to get the full AC experience. :D

I'll get it eventually, but not right away. I want to do the new update (v 2.0) and really explore that before I get the DLC. That way I'm not overwhelmed and burned out. (I know myself, I'll go full speed on everything that's available!)

Huh? I thought the items that were newly introduced that were revealed in the HHP portion of the direct were only available by getting HHP and couldn't be found anywhere else besides where you buy them using poki. You saying they can be found in Nook's Cranny as well?

For what it's worth, the Poki furniture just says "Hard to find on your own island"

Timestamp 2:15

I'll get it eventually, but not right away. I want to do the new update (v 2.0) and really explore that before I get the DLC. That way I'm not overwhelmed and burned out. (I know myself, I'll go full speed on everything that's available!)
I think I will be doing this as well. That Direct was very overwhelming, and I would like to pace everything out, so I will likely wait a few weeks before jumping into HHP. Plus, the holidays are coming up, so there is already existing seasonal content in the game that will keep me busy for a bit anyway.

Getting to redesign our villagers homes on the island will be worth it. That's exactly what I've wanted.

Same, i feel like now i truly will have finally my fav villagers and I love helping them have a clean, relatable home to what i think represents them. Like for example Apollo the cranky Eagle before he left my town said he like sailing, i guess he likes the tranquility of the ocean breeze in a summer day

I do plan on buying it. I never played HHD but this looks fun especially the part where you will be able to eventually redo your own villagers houses. Will I buy it on release date? Knowing me, I will say no but end up buying it on release date anyways.

For what it's worth, the Poki furniture just says "Hard to find on your own island"

Timestamp 2:15
Oh wow, that's very nice to know.

(Course I'm still going to get it regardless of now knowing this)

Yessir! I LOVED HHD when it came out, so I'm sure I'm going to love the Switch spin-off/remake/whatever of it as well! I'm super excited c:

I put more hours in HHD then New Leaf oh dear.... It's SUCH a steal too that's crazy my only concern is the way the hospital and school (ECT.) is shaped? They don't seem to have weird interesting shapes in the first game which would kinda suck

I really don't want to be spending more money on ACNH (bought the switch just for it), but interior designing is one of the things I love the most about this game. I think the enjoyment I get out of it will be well worth the price.

Oh wow, that's very nice to know.

(Course I'm still going to get it regardless of now knowing this)

I also don't think that Nintendo would make them untradeable, so if you had an online account, you could probably get them that way too even if you don't want to buy the DLC.

I plan to purchase it, but not right away! I think with the new update, there's going to be so much to figure out on my island and things I want to explore and try. HHP is a great expansion, but kind of reminds me of the DLC for Pokemon: Sword and Shield. I waited until I beat the main game before playing the DLC, and it made me feel like I could enjoy the DLC more immersively. I'm excited to see what people do with the DLC, too!

No, I'm not big on the design component of AC and I don't play NH enough anymore for it to be worth it.

Definitely getting it! :) In fact, bf and I are hosting a launch party for it with some of our friends. Should be a fun time, especially since it's been a lil while since we've seen some of them.

When I originally saw the Direct, I was excited, but I also knew that my island had to get back to the present since I honestly had stopped playing for months. Missed a bunch of items, so I wanted to get them as I was going back to the present. I'm still a lil behind, but I'm at least in October now. 😂

I actually got inspired to start decorating my island for real and honestly, considering I didn't really decorate my island in the first place after terraforming and placing my rock garden, it actually works out. I don't have to move stuff to make room for the veggie garden.

Also, lil tip, if you have a Costco near you, you can get $100 worth of gift cards, which is four $25 cards, for around $90. If you know you're gonna buy stuff from the eshop anyway, it's worth it. I'm gonna be splitting it between 4 of us, so we all end up getting the DLC at a slight discount. On Costco's site, they're selling a $50 card for $44.99.

I'm rabid for it. I haven't played in so long. Even for holiday events or promotional items, but this. This brought me back in full force.

can we actually pre order HHP from the switch already or do we have to wait until the 5th to pay it and download it?

For sure. I'm actually super happy with this DLC from what I can see. I poured HOURS into HHD and it was a great break from my ACNL town, so I'm stoked that they brought this as a DLC to ACNH. The price is more than reasonable too, at least for my budget! Very excited!!

Back