• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Will you be purchasing Happy Home Paradise?

Will you be buying paid DLC?

• Yes!

Votes: 447 81.7%
  • Not for me

Votes: 24 4.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 76 13.9%

• Total voters
I wish I could find it but there was some video game site that asked Nintendo and they said if your subscription lapses, you’ll keep all the things you learned (partitions, furniture, etc) but won’t be able to access the HHP or play until you either resubscrived or bought the DLC. Maybe someone else read it too and can share the link

That makes sense since the online subscription is account specific, just like with PlayStation. But games/dlcs seem to be accessible as long as it's the owner of the game's primary Switch. Like all my other games are accessible by the other profiles without them owning it, so I don't see why a dlc would operate differently. Now when I'm playing games on a different Switch using my account, where for example, it's my boyfriend's primary Switch, only my account would be able to use it, and no other profiles.

But I agree, clarity would be nice. :)

What I'm most curious about is what happens to the dlc if you get it through the subscription service, and then you decide not to renew.. Does that break your game? Does it revert? Some features only work with the DLC so what happens when Nintendo takes it away? *Do* they take it away? I'm so confused lol.

They really need to actually explain this stuff.
Thanks for explaining. I have never bought DLC for my switch so wasn’t sure. There was another thread about getting the dlc with the subscription and they said the dlc goes away with the subscription so it’s best to get the DLC by itself.

The standalone DLC is shared. All accounts on a single Switch will be able to access it. They don't have to individually buy it. It doesn't matter if anyone has online accounts or not.

Getting the DLC through Nintendo Switch Online Expanded is not shared. Each account that wants to access it needs to have Nintendo Switch Online Expanded. It doesn't matter if they are paying individually or if you are paying through the family plan. Getting the DLC this way is also ultimately a rental. You don't get to keep it if your online subscription expires.

Those source images are not mine. This person on Reddit contacted Nintendo's customer service to ask this.
Thank you for sourcing some answers! It also is reassuring about maintaining unlocked features after downgrading subscriptions, which is very nice! I'm sure I would have been wondering about that soon too. ^^

I really didn't get into HHD and regretted spending so much money on it, so I'm still pretty unsure. However, unfortunately I still want the items and decorating bits from HHP, which kind of sucks.

Yes, I’ll even be preordering it! I adored Happy Home Designer so can’t wait for the Happy Home Paradise. Plus it’ll give me something else to do in the game that doesn’t involve tools breaking constantly.

I'll definitely get it at some point; I just don't want to bite off more than I can chew with this massive update all at once. So, as soon as I've settled in with most if not all of the free content (where I've done at least the bare minimum of everything), then I'll be more than happy to purchase Happy Home Paradise. 😊 (Though, I could completely change my mind and end up pre-ordering or buying it as soon as it's available!)

Sad part is I'll actually be buying it twice to have on each of my Switches/NSO accounts

I wish I could find it but there was some video game site that asked Nintendo and they said if your subscription lapses, you’ll keep all the things you learned (partitions, furniture, etc) but won’t be able to access the HHP or play until you either resubscrived or bought the DLC. Maybe someone else read it too and can share the link

I think IGN confirmed it. You'll keep all your unlocks, but the "Go to work" option vanishes from Dodo Airlines.

The standalone DLC is shared. All accounts on a single Switch will be able to access it. They don't have to individually buy it. It doesn't matter if anyone has online accounts or not.

Does it matter if the owner of the DLC isn't the island rep? Because I own 2 Switches, and 2 NSO accounts respectively. My alt NSO account is the rep on my second Switch. I had to purchase 2 copies of ACNH to play the way I do, and I am assuming I'll need to purchase the DLC twice as well, guess I'll find out.

Yes, I'm going to get it! But not right away I think. I want to play and discover the free content first.

I was kinda so/so on HHD for the 3DS but connecting it to the main island is a game-changer. The DLC seems like something fun for me to do when I don't really know what to do on the main island (which on the 3DS is when I usually went to Tortimer's Island to play minigames). It comes with some really cool features to bring over to the main island which is why I will get it, but maybe I'll wait for a bit.

Does it matter if the owner of the DLC isn't the island rep? Because I own 2 Switches, and 2 NSO accounts respectively. My alt NSO account is the rep on my second Switch. I had to purchase 2 copies of ACNH to play the way I do, and I am assuming I'll need to purchase the DLC twice as well, guess I'll find out.
I play the same way with two switches. My main profile on my first switch is my alt on my second switch. I plan on having the DLC on my second switch using my main profile. If it works the way I hope, both characters on my second switch the island rep and alt plus my island rep on my first switch should all have access to the DLC, the only one that wouldn’t have it would be my alt on the first which is fine.

As someone that was afraid of paid dlc from the start, yes I’ll be purchasing it!

It’s literally just Happy Home Designer but in an island setting, a whole spin-off game, as an expansion to the mainline game and for a fair price at that. That’s exactly how paid dlc should be handled!

I was too but this is exactly what i like! Decorating 🤩. I hope you share some of your designs with us Nef :). I’m curious how you’ll design Tangy’s in particular if you happen to get her as a client 😏. I love how you decorated your island so I am so curious what you’re going to do with all the new content and the dlc 🙂.

- New items exclusive to HHP
- Remodeling Villager's Interiors
- The fact that I wanted a sequel to HHD

UH, HELLO!?!?!?!?

Yes... I will.

I will definitely be getting it. Happy Home Designer on the 3DS was definitely quite repetitive, especially because it was its own game. Happy Home Paradise being tied into the main game is a game changer. I will definitely be taking advantage of redesigning some of my villager’s interiors, and I also love the new items.

Im pretty excited for the dlc because it ties in with the main game and I have never played Happy Home Designer before! So I get to experience all of the joys of HHD in ACNH ^.^ Super excited! Bummed because I have work on the day the update comes out =(

No but that's because I'm not playing anymore for a few reasons. Otherwise I probably would.
Instead I picked up new leaf and enjoying it alot. (Not that I didn't enjoy NH but there are frustrations I had/have concerning NH).

Yes! I enjoyed HHD and HHP will be even better since it's directly connected to NH. It's half the original price of HHD, too.

Back