• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Will you be getting it?

It depends on the price, how many blocks it's gonna use to download (i can't see it having it's own physical cartridge) and if there's anything else to it. Just designing a room doesn't sound very fun.

I may watch some playthroughs before making a decision. The cards will be fun to collect separately

Last edited:
Depending how much everything maybe, Also depending of the designing the house is the only new feature @_@

Depends how wealthy I feel at the time, and opinion online when it's released. I'm intrigued but I get the feeling I wouldn't play it for very long.

It depends on how much it will be and the accessory I need for my old 3DS. I will probably wait until the price goes down.

That's... That tweet sums up pretty much my reaction to that Nintendo Direct...

Capture d’écran 2015-04-07 à 00.35.37.jpg

I may watch some playthroughs before making a decision. The cards will be fun to collect separately

That's definitely a good idea. I want to wait and watch some playthroughs before I devote like 50 bucks to a new amiibo thing so I can design houses unless I know it will be worth it.

If I can get the NFC reader, then yes, I'll get it. One of my favorite things in AC is decorating rooms/houses.

If it's only going to be a digital copy, it might not be possible, because I don't live near areas where I can get online. :/

Not sure if I'll get it. I want all the animal crossing games so maybe.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I want to decorate Eugene's house!

I'll undoubtedly get it even though it doesn't look too interesting to me right now. I almost feel like the game will be a free download in order to encourage Amiibo card buying...

I really can't see myself getting this. I love being outside interacting with villagers and decorating over house decorating. My houses are so basic to make an effort in this game.

Depending on if it's free or not, I might. If it isn't a free game, I'm hoping it's cheap because there's no way in hell I'm paying 50 bucks for a spin off.
If it's free, then definitely.

Geez, reading these comments, many don't realize there's an adapter to allow you to read the cards on the 2DS and older 3DS models. I'll be getting it on day one, the cards may be rough, these amiibo scalpers are buying anything amiibo releated to scalp on ebay, so I may either have to wait until the craze dies down, or hope the scalpers don't do with the cards what they're doing with Splatoon- bought them all up, are trying to scalp them on ebay, but thankfully very few are falling for Splatoon scalps since it's a new series. Hopefully, the cards will be the same way.

I'm not really interested myself right now… mostly because the details are still pretty scarce: Is this a full-fledged, full-priced game? Is this an add-on to New Leaf? Is there a village outside the houses or if decorating single-roomed houses of the other villagers all we do?

Just saying, decorating my house in NL was extremely fun of course and I'm proud of it but AC is fun mostly because of the world surrounding the village, the public work projects, the museum, it's not just decorating. And this whole 'Villager amiibo cards' thing seems like a cash-grab. Bear in mind, as of New Leaf, there are 333 villagers. Even if the cards are sold 50 cents each (Which is nigh impossible) it'll still cost more than 150 bucks for all the villagers. So then you have to pinpoint which villager you really, really want… assuming that you can somehow choose them at all! This might be a pokemon/Yu-gi-oh situation where you buy a pack of cards and just… live with the cards you got. And I don't know for other people, but as a part-time working university student, I don't really have the cash to invest in buying dozens of card packs until I get Ankha or Merengue or something.

So yeah, I'll most likely pass, unless this is a free add-on to NL that allows you to redecorate your existing villagers' homes (There IS that big 'Update Data' option on the main menu…)

Now that I think about it.... The reader will cost a lot.... So I might not buy it....

Back