• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Wild World Tips For Someone Who Hasn't Played It In Forever

BabyPinkSnail

Bells
I haven't played Wild World much since I was a small child, and was wondering if you guys had some useful tips for getting back into it! Thanks :)

i'm in the same boat! i picked up my dsi today after a year of not playing, and oh boy it was rough getting back in ": D weeds were everywhereeee

getting back in is a little hard, and it really depends on what your goal is. before i dropped off the face of the village, i was really into getting flower hybrids. but to get into that, i had to get a perfect town to get a golden can, and rearrange all my fruit trees vs. the regular trees. but your goals might be different! so try to think of what you want to do. you could complete your insect/fish list, finish the museum fossils, max out your friendships with villagers; there's so many things you can get into.

one tip that is very helpful for me is the "secret" quicksave feature. if you save a letter into your inbox with pelly or phyllis, it actually saves the progress so far for the entire game, while letting you continue. if you're like me and have a loose cart holder in their handheld, my carts slip with the slightest tap, so every 30 minutes i use the "save a letter" technique to make sure im not losing hours worth of progress. youll still have to deal with resetti but eh, its a small inconvenience.

Last edited:
I don't remember if this was an actual trick or not, but on days you suspect a new villager is moving in, before starting the day, create a new character. Find their house. If it's someone you don't want, reload the game and repeat.

Back