• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Wild World is not really round

Kyle

Bells
Yellow Candy
Its more of a cylinder.

Video

This is a video I found of it on Youtube, and you of course had to hack/AR to go beyond the town's borders. He starts going on about it 2:00 in, though, despite the title.
It shows him going over the ocean south and appearing at the waterfall. But when he goes west/east, it goes on and on.

I just found this intresting.

162px-Cylinder_geometry.svg.png

Yeah, that is pretty interesting. Actually, now that I think about it, the game never "turns the world" if you're going horizontally across town, only if you go vertical. So, you could have found out yourself, but that video pretty much proves it.

Now that you mention it, I find it really strange that night and day can pass, since rotation should go east to west. Unless Animal Crossing takes place in some distant galaxy where Humans and Animals live in harmony together...

Kyle said:
Now that you mention it, I find it really strange that night and day can pass, since rotation should go east to west. Unless Animal Crossing takes place in some distant galaxy where Humans and Animals live in harmony together...
If I remember correctly the sun actually would set and rise from the correct direction in AC.

In Wild World, it probably rises in the North/South and sets in the South/North.

That is, if Animal Crossing even has a sun, we never see the sun, only the moon and the stars.

Hm, I just tried that out in my own game.

Pretty cool.

Back