• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Wii failure

VantagE

Bells
Sooo I know some of you saw that I was going to start playing ACCF again, not going to happen! My Nintendo Wii system is not reading any of my discs, or it does for a short period and then it won't halfway through loading into a game... So I am sending it in for repairs! which sucks... Even after that I may or may not be playing ACCF...

Bummer bear! D:3 Sorry to hear your Wii went kaput. Hopefully they get it fixed without too much trouble~

Mine sometimes "doesn't read" AC:CF and makes loud whirring noises while I'm on it :/

But sorry to hear about your breakdown.

Ouch man, feel your pain. That happened to me last summer, and it certainly isn't fun. Luckily, it's just the drive so you won't lose your save data. :)

Off-topic: Huh, been hearing a lot about disc drive failures. Maybe the failure rate is higher than expected...

You shuda done this:
*Walk into shop*
You: Excuse me i have a complaint!
Shopkeeper: Hmm?
You: The Wii i bought from you is now dead
Shopkeeper: Dead? What'ya mean dead?
You: It is Deceased, It has Ceased to be
Shopkeeper:?
You: Its expired, If it wasnt left on my table it would be pushing up the Daisys
Shopkeeper: errrr--
You: Its No more, Its gone to meet its maker, Its taken its final bow and joined the Choir Invisible
Shopkeeper: What do you want me to do?
You: Send it in for repairs plz ^o^
Shopkeeper:.....

Aww that sucks :( The same thing happened to my cousin, and he JUST got his fixed (his family took forever to send it in...) Hope all goes well@

I use it quite often actually, and I have had the system since it first came out, so I have had it for a while xD

I am going to try and remember to send it in to get it repaired tomorrow... I didnt like having to spend 75$ to send it in to get repaired... but of course it doesnt have the warranty anymore. And yeah, I have a guess it has something to with the fan in the Wii also, cause when I got the Wii it was super super quiet, now its louder then it should be, along with not being able to read disks a lot of the time.... grr

VantagE said:
I use it quite often actually, and I have had the system since it first came out, so I have had it for a while xD

I am going to try and remember to send it in to get it repaired tomorrow... I didnt like having to spend 75$ to send it in to get repaired... but of course it doesnt have the warranty anymore. And yeah, I have a guess it has something to with the fan in the Wii also, cause when I got the Wii it was super super quiet, now its louder then it should be, along with not being able to read disks a lot of the time.... grr
Yes, my Wii makes loud sounds whilst playing which I though is either the disk spinning or the fan.

Weird thing is, I just tap it 1 millimetre in a different position and it'll stop all together.

As long as it doesn't do anything, I'm fine at the moment.

Hard luck though :gyroidconfused:

Back