• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Why is Wild Word Kinda Expensive now in second hand stores?

Biancasbotique

Sweet Feather
Bells
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Sweet Feather
Red Candy
I mean, it is more expensive than New Leaf?

Before, I saw it being offered for like around 16 dollars, now its like 24 dollars at gamestop. Is there a reason why this game is rising in value?

I'm bitter coz I want to rebuy the game for nostalgia!!

I would guess it is rising in value just because it is older. It was released in 2005 and they don't make new copies anymore, so it's harder to find.

I don't know if you're into internet shopping, but there's a copy for $9.99 on ebay!

Last edited:
I would guess it is rising in value just because it is older. It was released in 2005 and they don't make new copies anymore, so it's harder to find.

I don't know if you're into internet shopping, but there's a copy for $9.99 on ebay!

oh with complete case and manual and all?

It probably has to do with the major influx of fakes. Genuine copies of DS games can be very hard to come by nowadays.

I'm thinking between what Maple and Vampnessa have brought up.

A few ds games are still on up there, but but I haven't checked with WW lately.

It probably has to do with the major influx of fakes. Genuine copies of DS games can be very hard to come by nowadays.

Bootlegs are commen nowadays...

Last edited:
I know it seems like a lot of DS games are cheap on the second-hand market, but if you look at how many of those cheap games are actually good...Wild World is actually a steal.

Besides Wild World, used Pokemon games for the DS seems to be also pretty expensive, especially if
there are complete with case and manual. My local GameStop wants for Pokemon Diamond 35? (with
case, not sure if the manual is also there). And I don't want to start talking about Heart Gold and Soul
Silver, the prices for them in used condition are brutal.

Coming back to Wild World, it's been a while since I even saw that game in any store. I think one thrift
shop in my area has a used copy, with the case, but I didn't checked out the price they want for it.
GameStop doesn't have it at all, last time I saw it there, they wanted 25? for it, 7? more than for a
used copy of New Leaf.

Yeah you've got to watch out for fakes...I bought a game called Pok?mon Titanium off a bloke at a car boot sale and all it was was a platformer with some kind of bugs bunny

Back