Why is this bush dying?

missy.

Bells
I have seen similar topics, but I am not very experienced at this, and I cannot figure it out. I have cut down some trees, but I am not sure what is causing it.

I tried taking photos; I hope they show what is going on. I do have a dream address if someone feels like looking at it (I cut down a few trees since that dream today).

The bush that keeps dying is to the right of my character, directly below the yellow rose near the house (the yellow rose below the mailbox):

ACNL_bush_dying1.jpg

Other bushes and trees in area:

ACNL_bush2.jpg

More bushes and trees in area:

ACNL_Bush3.jpg

Another view:

ACNL_Bush4.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help! I don't know how to count them or if I have planted too many. (I don't have 12 in a row; I have at the most three, with flowers in between and some trees.)

Attachments

• ACNL_bush3.jpg
    ACNL_bush3.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 26
I believe that the bush needs to be 2 spaces away from the front of the house, not 1 space as is the case with the sides of the house. So if you planted it where the red cosmo flower is it should grow there but not in between the rose and cosmo where you are currently trying to grow it. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe that the bush needs to be 2 spaces away from the front of the house, not 1 space as is the case with the sides of the house. So if you planted it where the red cosmo flower is it should grow there but not in between the rose and cosmo where you are currently trying to grow it. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

That is very interesting; thank you so much. I hope other people can confirm.

I really wanted to put a bush in that spot. Ideally, I wanted a bush in that spot and a bush where the red cosmos is to form a little mini hedge. :lemon:

This is correct. Bushes and trees need to be at least 2 spaces away from the front of a house. I encountered the same issue when I was trying to create a bamboo-lined walkway and had to adjust my plans.

Thank you all for your answers. So bushes can be one space away from the sides and back of the house, but they need to be two spaces away from the front of the house.

This explains why the bush kept dying. Thanks again! :lemon:

I had a similar problem because I wanted to plant assemble a bunch of bushes to plant a sort of hedge around my house. It didn't work.

Back