• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why does the South have bad statistics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
america has a draft?????

federal laws r already in place that prevent convicted felons from ever owning a gun, and those with mental issues. ur saying a load of things that r actually the case. instead of making new laws, y not enforce the existing ones? the answer: politicians need to be seen to be doing something.

American men, once they reach the age of 18, are required by law to sign up for the draft.

Then my last comment "The half ass laws need to either be stronger or need to be more clear cut" apply to your statement. And we are in agreement.

- - - Post Merge - - -

this is absolutely false. u cannot just order a gun over the internet and have it delivered to ur doorstep. if u buy it online from a ffl (federal firearms license) store, it must ship it to a local ffl in ur area, where u must then go and undergo a background check before u can take it.

if u buy a gun from a private seller over the internet, again they CANNOT just mail it to u. AGAIN that gun has to go to a local ffl where u have to go and have a background check. get ur facts right.

That is still ordering a gun in the mail.

English. How about we use it?

America has a draft. So um why point this out?

I love that you are putting words in my mouth. :U I have no problem with gun control, in fact my issue is the lax control of guns in America scares me. I can walk into a pawn shop and walk out with a gun in America. I can order a gun in the mail in America. This is frightening because the ease of access to guns is how people who will commit murder/use the guns without proper training get the guns and this is how people get killed. I feel like the laws should be in place to protect the general public from people whom are past offenders / have severe mental issues / don't have proper training from getting guns.

Guns scare me. I've personally been shot by a gun in a robbery when I was working. I was hospitalised for 3 weeks when I was just 16 from a gunshot wound to my side, tore up my liver. This person who had the gun was mentally ill and desperate for money. I was glad I was the only one hurt all in all, but because of this I don't like guns. The half ass laws need to either be stronger or need to be more clear cut, because people die with the crappy, half followed laws we have now in america.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I wish it didn't happen at all.

But the reason why I'm against gun control is because banning guns won't thwart criminals, and if there are no guns, they could use other things that are more inhumane than guns. The only reason why gun control absent states have more crimes is because of the morals of the people that live there, not the guns.

Can we go back to talking about the south?

yes instead they started lighting fires to kill many ppl instead
Churchill Fire

Childers Palace Fire

Quakers Hill
not to mention shooting sprees have still continued.

or in china where u have mass stabbings. ppl have been killing each other for millenia, they did it in creative and efficient ways before guns were invented, and they continue to do so when guns are outlawed

- - - Post Merge - - -

america has a draft?????

federal laws r already in place that prevent convicted felons from ever owning a gun, and those with mental issues. ur saying a load of things that r actually the case. instead of making new laws, y not enforce the existing ones? the answer: politicians need to be seen to be doing something.

Karla I specifically said it basically eliminated mass shootings (making them less common). Nobody is pushing for the outlaw of guns. Anyways though.

In a technical sense, we have a draft. Every male has to register for Selective Service, but everybody knows it's very likely to never ever actually be implemented.

callaway_zpsa9c754f2.png

American men, once they reach the age of 18, are required by law to sign up for the draft.

Then my last comment "The half ass laws need to either be stronger or need to be more clear cut" apply to your statement. And we are in agreement.

That is still ordering a gun in the mail.

ur talking about the selective service system which is explicitly NOT a draft. it is there merely to help facilitate a draft should one be drawn up.

no, this is wat u said:
I feel like the laws should be in place to protect the general public from people whom are past offenders / have severe mental issues / don't have proper training from getting guns.
anyone reading that wud interpret that as u saying those laws do not currently exist and shud be put in place, no? which is absolutely wrong - those laws do exist (barring the training requirement). which is very different to saying that the laws need to be stronger or more clear cut. the laws themselves r fine, its just that nobody ****ing enforces them. u want to create more laws when existing ones rnt even enforced? thats talking the talk and not walking the walk.

whats the difference

If I were having an argument I would be mad. I'm not mad, I'm simply stating how I feel on something. No need to get upset about it.

ar?gu?ment
ˈ?rɡyəmənt/
noun
an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.

dis?cus?sion
dəˈskəSH(ə)n/
noun
the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
"the proposals are not a blueprint but ideas for discussion", a conversation or debate about a certain topic.

If I were having an argument I would be mad. I'm not mad, I'm simply stating how I feel on something. No need to get upset about it.

ar?gu?ment
ˈ?rɡyəmənt/
noun
an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.

dis?cus?sion
dəˈskəSH(ə)n/
noun
the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
"the proposals are not a blueprint but ideas for discussion", a conversation or debate about a certain topic.

so instead u resort to ad-hominems (attacking my posting style and not the actual contents of my post) because i debunk everything u have said.

sorry i was referring to "a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong." which is the second definition for argument because ur clearly not mad

yh um i'm not sure who this entitled american karla here is but we need gun laws. just think of the children??? also, shooters won't start fires.. that's why they're shooters. not pyromaniacs. ??
as a Canadian I feel a duty to help out my less smart neighbours :) we have better gun lawes here. so don't worry XD I know how to solve it

ur talking about the selective service system which is explicitly NOT a draft. it is there merely to help facilitate a draft should one be drawn up.

no, this is wat u said:

anyone reading that wud interpret that as u saying those laws do not currently exist and shud be put in place, no? which is absolutely wrong - those laws do exist (barring the training requirement). which is very different to saying that the laws need to be stronger or more clear cut. the laws themselves r fine, its just that nobody ****ing enforces them. u want to create more laws when existing ones rnt even enforced? thats talking the talk and not walking the walk.

I feel no need to argue with you, why are you trying to start an argument?

The laws are in place and yet no one enforces them. Thus they need to be stronger or... If the current laws don't work, make new ones that will work, because clearly something isn't working.

The laws are in place and yet no one enforces them. Thus they need to be stronger or... If the current laws don't work, make new ones that will work, because clearly something isn't working.

^^ this

yh um i'm not sure who this entitled american karla here is but we need gun laws. just think of the children??? also, shooters won't start fires.. that's why they're shooters. not pyromaniacs. ??
as a Canadian I feel a duty to help out my less smart neighbours :) we have better gun lawes here. so don't worry XD I know how to solve it

please refer to him by his preferred pronoun or by apache

i have to say ur v good at this gungrabbing thing, u cud be the next feinstein. u say things that rnt exactly wrong, u just omit certain details that make wat u say sound much more threatening than wat they really r.
I can walk into a pawn shop and walk out with a gun in America.
yes u can, but u didnt mention the checks that u have to go thru when ur in that pawn shop
I can order a gun in the mail in America.
yes u can, but u didnt mention how u can actually legally take possession of that gun
This is frightening because the ease of access to guns is how people who will commit murder/use the guns without proper training get the guns and this is how people get killed.
u disregard every case where a gun in the hands of a good guy has saved their life and/or the lives of those around them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

u dont get to decide who u argue with when u post half-baked truths or completely nonsense masquerading as fact.

ur logic is flawed. u see laws tht rnt enforced so u think the solution is to make them stronger?????? or....make new ones???? if a law forbidding x and y isnt enforced, how can u be sure that a law forbidding x, y and z is going to be enforced? come on, u can do better than that

I'm not gross :(

I love where I live. It's a great state with great job opportunities. So many great schools to go to. I just love Texas. Awful/gross people live EVERYWHERE. Maybe you should get out more.
I work 7 hours a day at Kroger every day. Believe me, I get out more than enough, and the people that shop there truly make me lose hope in humanity.
I really don't see why you should lock the thread. I made an obnoxious post due to flop. I'll just go since my sarcasm is going over everyones' heads.
Lol, I live in Tennessee, and I see a lot of good ole' country class around here. Don't take anything I say personally, guys. A lot of people down here are just.....ehhhh.

Last edited:
I work 7 hours a day at Kroger every day. Believe me, I get out more than enough, and the people that shop there truly make me lose hope in humanity.

Lol, I live in Tennessee, and I see a lot of good ole' country class around here. Don't take anything I say personally, guys. A lot of people down here are just.....ehhhh.

thats racist

So you're going to base your opinion of multiple states by the people that come into ONE Kroger? Smart. I've been to Kroger plenty of times, and that's not a great place to base your opinion on anyway. Maybe get out where you aren't dealing with CUSTOMERS.

So you're going to base your opinion of multiple states by the people that come into ONE Kroger? Smart. I've been to Kroger plenty of times, and that's not a great place to base your opinion on anyway. Maybe get out where you aren't dealing with CUSTOMERS.

lol are you dumb
like how does anything you just said make sense?

lol are you dumb
like how does anything you just said make sense?

Like can you read?
People as customers are terrible everywhere. Especially in grocery stores. Did you understand that?
Basing "the south" on how people act when you work at a Kroger is dumb. Thanks for your helpful insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back