• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Whose house did you most enjoy designing?

cyrus and reese :') i enjoyed doing the first few of cafe/restaurant themes but it got repetitive bc 5 more other villagers followed asking for the same theme.. then there's also two to do in the main town. im mainly looking to unlock other items so ive kinda been putting off doing any more cafe but i guess i can't move on until i actually do them. i also enjoyed tammy's, rod's and diana's though.

can't wait for kicks and jack!!! and hopefully brewster, jingle and porter if anything!!

The special characters are all pretty fun. I not only like them because you have the freedom to do what you want, but these are characters that you only get to interact with in certain circumstances in regular Animal Crossing games. Some of them you can see only once a year! So it's neat to get to see them more often and to imagine the types of things they'd like.

I thought Felyne was pretty fun too. I've always liked the design of the Monster Hunter cats, but I don't like the Monster Hunter games. I kind of mixed the idea of RPG-themed plus something a cat would like.

So far, Erik. His house took me 2 days on and off, I wanted to make it extra awesome because he is one of my favourite characters in the series.

I've been through more than 100 houses. I lose track of whose house I most enjoyed designing. So, I've come to lately appreciate the villagers who give me items I did not have. After these 100 houses, I was lacking the Modern Light. I finally received it by, it so happens, having said "yes" to designing a house for the Peppy duck Pompom. I think I'm recalling this correctly. And what a relief.

I have a few favorites. I think the one I'm proudest of was Katt's house. I made it into a Sushi & Milk Bar for cats only down on the beach. Lionel has the most opulent bathroom of all time! Then I liked creating a haunted house for Clay. I made a mini story line for it when I posted it on the Miiverse. So, for now, those are the 3 I'm proudest of.

Maple. I really got to let my little "inner" child side out. (This is because she wanted a teddy bear theme, and I gave a teddy bear princess one, the dream room any young girl would like).

My favorite so far was I want to say Lobo? It was one of the wolves and they wanted a classic/retro type house and I made it really awesome, did 3 floors and it turned out great, I probably will go back and add more eventually but it was the first one that felt "finished" really.

Last edited:
So far I think the Cafe, even if it was kinda small haha but it ended up really cute! And Muffy was fun cause her purple goth themes

Rainy, simply because she's my favorite. Rainy? There's no Rainy in Animal CROSSING! You're right, there is no villager named Rainy in Animal Crossing, but there is in Animal FOREST. She's the cute frog villager who I totally love in the game. I'll let people figure out who that is on their own! ;)

Curlos, Marshal, Julian, Ed.. all mah sassy animals <3

also whoever wanted that sloppy/cardboard home.

So far? Doc, Zell, Jacques, Fucshia, Flip, Ribbot, and Muffy.

I really like Doc as a villager. His initial house theme request was "a fun place to read", and since I hate libraries irl but I enjoy books, I made his house as my vision of my ideal library: simple, but fun, and suitable for all ages and genders. His house exterior is simple, with a few orange trees in case the bunny gets hungry and some cosmos scattered around as a little homage to the place he used to live in my old New Leaf town.

Zell, his house turned out very gorgeous! I enjoyed mixing the stuff he brought up with some rococo and regal furniture. He's also dressed up as a cute little bellhop! And there's a beautiful aurora outside when evening arrives.

Jacques' home is set as an underground disco. Sort of. I have nothing much to say about it, but I really love the style I made in his house. It's similar to Fucshia style-wise, but Fucshia's house is more of a "party central" than an underground disco.

Flip... while I don't know about that monkey, I still made his house look fun. I'm supposed to make it a vaporwave/seapunk-styled bathhouse but in the end it's just George Constanza's face plastered on LED screens. I had so much fun to it. I'm gonna edit his bathhouse again someday if I get more statues and tiles.

Ribbot deserves a mention because I love the music I've put in his house. His robo-house is very simple but effective to me, and the crowd of gyroids make a harmonious melody with K.K. D&B.

Muffy's gothic castle unleashes my embarrassing goth phase back. Crow mobiles, black and purple rococo furniture, gloomy weather... I think I should edit her casa again when I unlocked black flowers and found beautiful tiles online for the exterior.

Back