Who regrets their maps after they got access to terraform?

Bluebellie

Bells
Island
Melancolia
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cocotryoshka
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
I just unlocked terraforming yesterday night, and the map I thought was perfect (is really not).
The river outlets are a bit of a bother. I thought it would be a good map choice initially though.

Mhm me too. I made it work but am second guessing. The terraforming is awesome but I feel like its so easy to go overboard or make things look unnatural and janky, too.

I want a east and south river mouths on my map. Can I ask if you can widen the river? Is there a limit on how wide you can make your waterfall?

I haven't unlocked it yet, but I understand how it can suck to not being able to change your river outlet. I have one that goes down south and another that goes down west. I'd prefer if they were both the same and symmetrical, but at the same time having two different outlets allows me to do two different things with them. I think the "perfect" map wouldn't be a lot of fun to work with.

But personally I also wish we could change the giant rocks on the beach. I have a weird one on the left that looks like a muppet, but even worse in-game it just looks like a broken rock with water inside it. It just seems so odd.

Mhm me too. I made it work but am second guessing. The terraforming is awesome but I feel like its so easy to go overboard or make things look unnatural and janky, too.

Same thing, I’m more or less making it work. Everything is coming out very symmetrical and perfect though (which wasn’t what I was planning on, but I’ll see how it looks afterwards). I kind of wanted a foresty uneven look, but I’m getting more of a city vibe right now. My terraforming skills haven’t mastered how to create uneven looks yet.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I haven't unlocked it yet, but I understand how it can suck to not being able to change your river outlet. I have one that goes down south and another that goes down west. I'd prefer if they were both the same and symmetrical, but at the same time having two different outlets allows me to do two different things with them. I think the "perfect" map wouldn't be a lot of fun to work with.

But personally I also wish we could change the giant rocks on the beach. I have a weird one on the left that looks like a muppet, but even worse in-game it just looks like a broken rock with water inside it. It just seems so odd.

I have mine both in the south. I thou gah to that would be a good idea, but now I’m kind of wishing I had done like one south and the second East or west. I don’t mind the rocks too much though at the beach. Maybe the pier bothers me a bit, but its ok.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I want a east and south river mouths on my map. Can I ask if you can widen the river? Is there a limit on how wide you can make your waterfall?

I haven’t seen any limitations so far, the rivers you can make as wide as you’d like. The waterfall I’m not sure yet since I haven’t created, but I don’t think that’s limited either.

I actually reset mine about four days in - the off center placement of the resident services to the airport really bugged me.
But idk once I actually get into landscaping.

I don't have it unlocked yet and I don't plan to reset. I didn't really think about it when choosing an island but hopefully it's not too much of a pain!! :)

Back