• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Which Switch games could you not put down? (That aren't AC:NH lol)

Definitely Fire Emblem Three Houses. I played through all 4 story routes back to back. At easily 50+ hours a route. I definitely needed a break after that, but I’ve been back at the game again now to replay a couple of routes whilst trying out some different things.
Post automatically merged:

I recognize this is probably only due to having Pokemon as a special interest, but Pokemon Shield

like I know the new games are disliked due to how lacking them are, but we actually enjoy it and so that's why we play it

Nothing with wrong that. I enjoyed them as well. They definitely have a ton of flaws but that doesn’t mean people can’t have fun playing them still. :)

What gets me are haters telling the rest of us we can’t have fun with a game just because they don’t like it. We are allowed to like what we like after all. :)

When I bought it a while ago (which may have been influenced by a certain Let's Player on YouTube), Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Other then that, when I play Smash Bros Ultimate or Pokemon Shield, I can play those for hours straight if I get going in a rhythm, especially when I'm shiny hunting on Pokemon.

Oh it's gotta be Three Houses. I got seriously semi-addicted to FE:3H. I even bought the DLC- which I almost never do!
Other than that, I'd say I have a fair amount of hours in Splat2, but nothing compared to my obsession with Splatoon(1). Octo expansion like, tripled the hours I'd have originally played, easily. If you ask me, despite being DLC, Octo expansion basically is the defining feature of Splat2 & i'm gonna go back & re-play it one of these days

I haven't played a game yet that's sucked my attention as much as ACNH. I tried MK8D but only played it for a week, Smash Bros Ultimate is fun, but I can only do 3 matches before putting it down. They're all fun, just in short bursts. I'm going to give Ni No Kini a shot, since I have a preference for RPG and the art style is beautiful. Or I might give Octopath Travellers a go too. I played the Demo and it was an instant buy for me. Great music and beautiful graphics!

I'm hoping RF5 comes soon. That's the game I've really been craving to play, ever since I first finished RF4 🥰
Also hoping for an Etrian Odyssey title

Dragon Quest Builders 2 is sitting pretty at the top with 500 hours logged. Haven't touched it in almost a year but starting to get the urge to jump back in.

splatoon 2 was the first game i got for my switch and i love it so much. granted it was the only game i had for a few months, but it has 460 hours on it. i'm still trying to beat the dlc (there's only like 4-5 levels i can't beat i wish i could get like an expert to beat them for me lol).

splatoon 2 for me too! one of my favorite games in the world and i always come back to it eventually. i think i have something like 700+ hrs so far!!! i do wish i had more people to play it with though >_<

Fire Emblem Three Houses for sure. That game is amazing.

Although, if you want me to mention one that no one has mentioned yet, that would be My Hero One’s Justice. As soon as I started playing through the story I couldn’t stop, and I basically completed it in one go. I’ve still yet to complete some of the modes (like the missions mode), but I’m working on that. Can’t wait to get My Hero One’s Justice 2 when I can justify purchasing it.

Funnily enough I could put acnh down, haven’t played it in a while now.

I would say super Mario odyssey, Breath of the wild and Mario plus rabbids kingdom battle (that game is surprisingly good with the most pleasing graphics and gorgeous level design)

Pokémon Sword (currently working on Pokémon project), Super Mario 3D All Stars, and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.

Honestly, any new game I pick up. I get invested very easily.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is stupid fun. Idk how many times I’ve played through it. It’s probably the most fun beat-em-up I’ve ever played.

Dragon Quest Builders 2
Diablo 2 (not strictly a Switch game, but enjoyed it upon release)
Stardew Valley (LOVE this game)

I fell in love with Hades, Splatoon 2, and FE3H
They all had compelling stories (except for splatoon 2) and were addicting! I really loved them

I play splatoon 2 99.9% of the time until it starts to piss me off lol

i got two point hospital recently and ill have a bingefest with that from time to time its amazing

FE3H (lost interest and still haven't finished it yet tho lol) and the demo for MEGA39's... ik its not the best project diva game but I don't have a playstation so I'll probably buy it. Now I just need an im@s game for the switch ✨

Pokemon Sw/Sh! I only put it down to pop another motion sickness pill :D I love pokemon with all my heart so I was super excited to play Sw/Sh when it came out.

Back