• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Which of your villagers has the "viral" catchphrase?

Timbra, her catchphrase "chest nut" spreads in little outbreaks. As for shirts, the biggest offender is Bam, who likes to spread crappy designs from able sisters.

Chrissy, everyone is saying sparkles.

Even Francine, makes them true sisters c::

A while ago, Gayle's default catchphrase "snacky" spread like wildfire. Flora, Katt, Peggy, and possibly Jay (I don't remember that well) were all saying snacky at the same time. What's funny is that Gayle came up to me once and said that Katt was making fun of her for saying "snacky" all the time when Katt was saying it too XD

All those villagers have since moved out other than Flora who now says "cutie"

When Fang came running to me forever ago asking for a new catchphrase, the only thing I could think of at the time was "ahroo". I noticed Punchy started running around saying it too.

Someone began "Meow-rawr" and now all of my villagers are saying it, including Fang! But for Fang's "revenge" every villager except 2 are wearing the spade tee shirt. Ugh... >_<

I haven't really had a viral catchphrase in NL. But in City Folk nearly everyone said "I have gas" or "I pooted" ...My towns always have class. :p

Last edited:
Felicity. She has made Francine, Fang, Sly, Sterling, and Papi say "mimimi ☆" ;_;
It's a cute catchpharse, but definitely not on jocks and crankies xD

Last edited:
Felicity. She has made Francine, Fang, Sly, Sterling, and Papi say "mimimi ☆" ;_;
It's a cute catchpharse, but definitely not on jocks and crankies xD

Your Julian to me says "meow-rawr" but I finally changed that to "my love." ;) But still, he doesn't look so great in that spade tee. Have to change that...

Aw, I miss Felicity. :')
She did the same in my town as well.
I guess she's a real trendsetter idol then. No one can resist an adorable cat when she forces you to say her catchpharse hahah.

Ankhes said:
Your Julian to me says "meow-rawr" but I finally changed that to "my love." But still, he doesn't look so great in that spade tee. Have to change that...
Hahahah! Must be hilarious when Julian started meowing xD But "my love" fits him a million times better!
Oh Fang... he does that in my town too. He keeps spreading his iberian jacket everywhere. You should give Fang a heart tee for revenge >D

Hahahah! Must be hilarious when Julian started meowing xD But "my love" fits him a million times better!
Oh Fang... he does that in my town too. He keeps spreading his iberian jacket everywhere. You should give Fang a heart tee for revenge >D

It is hilarious! I'm glad this thread came up because I was going to bug my husband to show me how to upload a pic for you to show you! I was at first...OMG...then I laughed and laughed.

A heart tee...PERFECT! I'll try that! As long as I can stop the "virus" there... :D

Wow, tho, a lot of us have this happen! I knew a few did, but had no idea that the catchphrases and shirt thing was so wide-spread. I just went back into my town and now one MORE villager has that spade tee! I think the only one free of it right now is Elvis. Maybe he's immune because it's not royal. :D

It is hilarious! I'm glad this thread came up because I was going to bug my husband to show me how to upload a pic for you to show you! I was at first...OMG...then I laughed and laughed.

A heart tee...PERFECT! I'll try that! As long as I can stop the "virus" there... :D

Wow, tho, a lot of us have this happen! I knew a few did, but had no idea that the catchphrases and shirt thing was so wide-spread. I just went back into my town and now one MORE villager has that spade tee! I think the only one free of it right now is Elvis. Maybe he's immune because it's not royal. :D
Please do send me the screenshot sometimes! xD I can imagine him dancing around while meowing and roaring lol. I'll have to remember to change Colton's pharse to meow-rawr too :p

...Or you can give Fang a heart tee AND make him meow too >D
But gosh I hope that spade tee infestation will stop soon. They seem to spread like a wildfire in your town *_*;

Speaking of catchpharses, in the past Anicotti also spread her 'cannoli' to almost everyone in my town. Seems like my peppies obsessively spread their catchpharses around :p

i gave Tipper the catchphrase 'burger bud' because i thought that it would be funny since she's a cow and a couple of people in my town picked it up (but not Frita who it would have worked for lmfao), but i think that the worst once was when Freckles picked up the one that i gave to Lopez ('gazHELLYAH') because it was just WEIRD

I had Naomi in my town for about a month. I use her to get my modern PWPs because she was the only snooty villager in my town. Her catchphrase "moolah" spread to everyone in my town. It was extremely annoying.

yup, it is felicity in my town as well. 'mimimi' makes it sound like they're all sleeping. -______-;;

Back