• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Where do you want to live?

You'd probably get mugged before you would have a chance to fight anyone :\\

ive lived here all my life if i was gonna get mugged it wouldve already happened and i live far enough uptown for it to actually happen, too...lmao

dw if u get mugged when ur here one day im here to listen to ur tale

ive lived here all my life if i was gonna get mugged it wouldve already happened and i live far enough uptown for it to actually happen, too...lmao

dw if u get mugged when ur here one day im here to listen to ur tale

Dude.. It's when you least expect you're gonna get mugged.. when you get mugged. just pls don't take chocolate from strangers I believe in you ok pls

Last edited:
I'm personally very fond of Florida, my home state, but I don't care much for most of the people who live here. The stereotype of this being the place where old people come to die is very, very much true, lol.

If I could afford it, I'd love to nab some property and live in one of those sweet little tiny houses and decorate it to look beautiful. Property here doesn't come cheap though, so i may have to come up with a different plan. ; o;

I'd actually very much like to move to Sweden.
I'm not a very large fan of America. Although it's a beautiful country and I'm blessed to have what I do here, my heart is calling to the Nordics.

I want to be somewhere with no snow. I have had enough of it and hate it more than anything. Probably California or Florida. I seem to like the Tampa area in Florida :) If I go to California it would be SoCal.

Edit: I would rethink my no snow decision if an opportunity to move to Iceland came up. I love that place.

Last edited:
Oh so many places. Southern California. San Francisco. New York City. Seattle. Europe (anywhere!)

I'd love to live in Scandinavia, but I'd have to learn the native language first. I don't want to live somewhere I can't understand the locals.

Canadaaaaa~

I visited when I was younger and it's been a dream of mine to obtain citizenship and move there ever since. I have relatives over there but they're all distant and most are the Quebec-ian type that only speak French and think English is a pox on the country or something so we don't talk - I don't even know most of their names or if half of them are alive anymore, now that I think about it - so I have no idea how I'd get a citizenship thing rolling in the first place. A very good friend of mine was like "So, sham marriage, how bout it" and I totally considered but I guess those are looked into pretty hardcore these days (which must be a weird process, like, what do they do? call your friends and family and ask about your relationship? couldn't you just get everybody in on the lie? ... I digress) so that was a no-no. Also he ended up turning out to be an alcoholic who would not accept or seek help so I think I dodged a bullet there.

Kingston (Ontario!) seems so nice in pictures. I mean if we're going solely by pictures I'd say Alberta's gorgeous and look to plunk down someplace in that province, but realistically speaking, Ontario is much closer to where I am right now (yooooo New England) and it's, uh. Not Quebec.

Despite it being a lifelong dream of mine, I'm super pessimistic about it. I don't see it happening. Partner would have to get a transfer up there and he's not doing any tradeswork or anything so I doubt he'd be approved. The guidelines were so weird last time I took a look at them... I found it really discouraging and just resolved not to think about it for the time being. But whenever anybody asks, it all resurfaces again.

I always tell everyone, if I ever move, I'm going further north - not south. Most of my immediate family moved to Tennessee following a work transfer dealie and they keep telling me to come down, that they're in the middle of house-hunting (moving up from an apartment) and will pick a two-family place or somewhere with an inlaw arrangement if I'll pack my bags and go. And I thought about it for a little bit, not gonna lie, despite my north-only policy... but it's just not that easy. Too many external factors. Also it's warmer down there which is ughhhhh nooooo no thank you. I'd like it colder if anything.

I want to live somewhere where the weather is warm or at least decent year round. I don't like being too hot or too cold, just right. I'm Goldilocks, I know

Connecticut... it's prettier than this huge city but still by civilization and I want to be a writer, and they get the most pay there.

Sweden.
It's where my Dad's family is, and he's long dead now. I'd like to see them.
Plus America isn't a country I feel at home in.

Back