When do you think we'll get an Animal Crossing Wii U?

ThePeteyPiranha

Pro Bug & Fish Hunter!
Bells
As New Leaf was only released last year, I'm not expecting another AC anytime soon. But I was expecting an announcement or something at E3, and the game to actually be released in late 2015/mid 2016. When do you think we'll get an AC on Wii U?

I don't think the platform for the next AC game has been confirmed by Nintendo yet, so it probably won't be here for a while. It might come as early as 2015 but I honestly don't see it happening until 2016/2017, maybe even later. I just hope they take their time on it.

Last edited:
AC games take a long time to develop, write and translate for all the countries that get AC, so I'm not seeing a game for at least another 4-5 years.

Nintendo likes to put one game in each series for each console (and occasionally two or three, in the case of Mario Partys on the Gamecube) so I'd expect this one would go near the end of the Wii U. Give it to about 2017 before release.

I think we could possibly get an announcement for Wii U next year if console sales pick up a bit this holiday season. I know it is kind of sooner than the time between other consoles so I could be totally off though. But remember even once we got an announcment for 3ds it was a long ways (and multiple delays away) So I still do hope for an announcment next year and I think with Animal Crossing plaza that is definitely a possibility. I hope they do take the time to make it a even more evolved New Leaf with even more pwps, furniture, and customization options, and maybe they will finally make it easier for us to lay paths. There are many features I would really love in the Wii U version and I am very excited to hear any news.

They did confirm that a new Animal Crossing was in development but it's not really known what console it's for. Probably for the Wii U or a future 'next gen' console. I don't predict a new AC until probably near the holidays or near E3 2016 or 2017.

Back