• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

When do you prefer to play?

The221Believer

Baker's Only Detective
Bells
When you're not constrained by real-life needs, or if you TT (as I do, haha), what times do you prefer to play? I tend to set my clock to around 7:30 p.m. in-game. I love the evening sky and seeing my streetlights all lit up under the stars, and the shops are all still open then.

Last edited:
I usually, out of habit, set my clock to just past ten in the morning so that all the shops are open. I do like evening the best though, as the sky changes colors and the sun begins to set. Still, as I often go afk from my game, it's easier for me to begin in the morning so that by the time I return, shops are still open to peruse!

I usually set my clock to 11am if I'm playing late at night. Night time is pretty but I like to work on paths mostly so playing in the morning/afternoon helps with testing paths with their "true" colours.

7:00 P.M. is "prime time" in my opinion. The best bugs and fish are available, but all the shops are still open and all of the villagers are still awake. The music is pretty good too.

I like the check my town each morning before school, digging fossels, seeing all the new flowers, saying hi to the earlying morning villagers
And i also like to play around 9:30, as that's the best time to catch beetles and make me some cash.
However in weekends i tend to wake up and play till lunch.
It's such a relaxing and peacefull game, i like to play it whenever i can.

Usually I play around 4-8pm since that's when I'm done with work and/or classes. I don't really like to reset the clock just for time sake unless I'm plot resetting. Setting the clock every time you play seems tedious to me, but if I would do that, I would play at around 3-6am since I hardly ever experience those times normally, plus the sky looks so pretty with the rising sun. 5-6pm is best though since you can catch an orange sunset (if you're lucky) and the lights start turning on.

I prefer playing in the afternoon, or at least after 11am so I can talk to Katt (uchi's take forever to wake up!!!). I don't often play at night unless I'm meeting up with friends, I prefer my town in the daylight.

I start playing soon after I wake up. But since it's summer break, I tend to sleep in a lot, so I start playing at around 11 am. When I've done all the stuff I can do at that time, I stop playing. Then when it's 6 pm I go back to playing so I can hunt beetles or play with others.
And if I can't sleep at night, I tend to pick it up and play some more. :p

I usually play in the early morning and in the evening.

I usually play twice a day. First is about 12 or 1 pm. That's when visit the shops, find the fossils, do island tours, etc.. And then at 7 pm I go to the island and catch high priced bugs and fish.

I like playing anytime that's not 2PM - 5PM, or 6AM.

I like playing in the evening the most.

Last edited:
I love playing from 6-8 in the morning. I have the early bird ordinance so all my villagers and shops are open around that time, and I just like how town looks in the morning.

I start playing just before 5pm so I can order items from the catalog. Mayor plays for an hour and than the side players come out to play later. I have a 2nd town that gets played in between.

i love the sunset in acnl so definitely 4:40-6PM!

i also enjoy 8-11 PM so i go for that sometimes

Back