What's your opinion on time traveling?

I overall support it. Just don't do a marathon through a year because that will take the fun out of the game. Don't rush to catalog everything either.

i dont even check on my new leaf town anymore, but its not because i time traveled all the time. playing it in real time was boring to me and time traveling got boring too.

TTing ruins the game for me. I've been playing ACNL day by day and it's pretty fun watching it progress. I don't even like buying villagers or items either, because I'd rather just get the items slowly as opposed to just loading up on them. I did buy Whitney on an impulse though as my 10th villager, but the next time I'll just use the campsite. I think it'd be more fun and rewarding.

I don't really care who does or doesn't do it. Personally, I don't because I'd feel guilty when I was done. I'd only ever do it if a villager I really want was being put up for adoption in the cycling threads to get one of mine out.

I do it all the time, but never go past a week really or to get to special events early. It upsets me when people think you're a cheater for it and I completely disagree with even calling it cheating. People can do whatever they want with the game they PAID for with THEIR MONEY, and if Nintendo really saw it as such a problem, they'd take the option to change the date away. If you want to play the game the way it's supposed to be and not TT, good for you. But if you don't, no one should have a problem with it either.

Last edited:
I think we should let people play the game whatever way they want because if they time travel it doesn't effect you in any way.

Last edited:
i personally don't time travel at all. because this game is a real-time simulation, i want to accept that at it's fullest. if i miss something, i miss it. my enjoyment of the game hasn't diminished because of this at all, and in fact, i would argue it makes for a less stressful experience since i free myself from the worry of missing something.

but at the same time, i also think there are legitimate reasons for time travel. for those who have chronic scheduling issues like night-shift working and such.

other than that, time travel is a form of cheating/abuse of the game. it doesn't bother me that others do it. i prefer not to taint my game.

i think "innocence" is vital to this game. it's what enticed me to buy and play it in the first place. i don't want to do anything that would take away from that.:lemon:

Last edited:
Back