What's the worst trade you've ever been offered?

Bells
Do you want to trade your golden bed for my moldy shirt?
Ah, NO!
. . .
But actually the worst trade I've been offered by a villager is my tarantula for an 8-ball tee.

I can't remember if anyone ever offered me a bad trade, but one time a rando came into my town when a friend was visiting after I was done doing a giveaway, and I told them it was over but I gave them a hybrid anyways because I felt bad. Then they asked if they could buy my perfect peaches and when I told them no they tried to steal some mushrooms and I had to flip the switch.

NO HYBRIDS FOR YOU SIR XD

Once Pekoe pinged me asking whether I want to trade my Gemini Closet for her Pile of Leaves or not :/

Not a chanceeeee XD

Yeah, the moldy shirt one is a keeper, along with the ramshackle wall.

Last edited:
It also bothers me when the smugs try to sell you a fake painting for almost eight thousand bells.

trading my expensive furniture (i don't remember what but i'm pretty sure it was unorderable/rare) for bamboo. no thanks

ive gotten moldy shirt type offers for my Dorado before. also something very basic, maybe diamond tee, for my white katana.

I love my normals and Aurora is my best friend but she is suchhhhhh a cheapskate!!!!

It also bothers me when the smugs try to sell you a fake painting for almost eight thousand bells.

My crankies sell me genuine painting for 3k all the time, I haven't had a smug try to sell me fake ones yet ._.

My cranky fav sold me a fake painting... He moved out out of shame. I'm sure of it.

Robin asked me for a pear..then tried to trade then sell me a regular pear..I'm like no there are perfect pears everywhere Robin I'm not buying it for 2000bells or trading for it..go to retail or eat it lol. I love her though.

I have found that norms try to sell a lot early on it's there way of building friendship when it's not high so if it's not terrible ai buy the suff to get to the next friendship level where they stop saying I saving for an expensive ect ect..

I think depending on your friendship level the painting has a higher chance of being real if you are good friends. The trick I do with that is to refuse first and if they offer again for a lower price I have found that they are real more often. Friends don't scam friends so to speak.

Also I hate to see Marshal get depressed when I don't take up his offer when he offers a poem then changes to a silly item. Sometimes I feel so terrible that I take the trade, depending on the thing offered. I just hate seeing upset things.

Luckily I've never gotten a forged painting from a villager yet. I've been offered a trashcan for a gold nugget... but I accepted... because it's quite useful in the house.

Villagers try to sell me walls and floors all the time for over 3k bells and then attempt to buy walls and floors from me for under 300-200 bells.....

whether the art is real or fake is a product of luck and feng shui, not friendship. i never accept the offers to buy their art-- after my refusals, if my uchi has real art she will give it to me for free (saying she thinks its fake so i can just have it), if its fake she'll say she will sell it somewhere else.

Back