• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the worst thing you've been told by a villager?

corvus516

Bells
Red Rose
Jingle Christmas Doll
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Timmy Christmas Doll
Black Hybrid Rose
Everyone knows how rude and straight up brutal villagers could be in the older games but what are some things you've heard them say that particularly struck a nerve?

I had Cleo on my island for a little bit in New Horizons, and one day she went off on Bruce for giving her a green mum instead of a different color. Like seriously, the dialogue was SO incredibly rude. I kicked her off my island shortly after.

Back when I was new to the game in March 2020 I had dobie has my 5th villager that moved in and he said this to me "Listen nobody is asking you to decorate the entire island" which really made me mad and encouraged me to make my island a lot more better hence the reason why I pushed myself to make my island a lot more better and I don't need some Cranky wolf telling me how to design my island.

In NL freya was always bossy and rude and didn't like my hair because it wasn't girly enough or it was too long. Like okay why do you have to say that.

I got stung by a wasp, and Tipper told me to get a paper bag "to hide the ugliness, darling."

It’s true that in the old games the villagers were so incredibly rude to you. But even in the new horizons I have been told a few things that I was surprised by a given how gentle all of the villagers have become. When I was stung by a bee one of them, I think it might’ve been a cranky, gasped and said “a monster!”

Also I didn’t deliver a gift to one of my villagers And my snooty villager dropped some shade my way in a way that kind of hurt my feelings unexpectedly. It was the way she said it. She was like I have no one but myself to blame for trusting you. Or something to that effect. I felt so bad it actually ruined my day, LOL.

Back