• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What will you build? Town or personal island

What will your island be?

• Fully developed town

Votes: 70 50.7%
  • Partially developed town

Votes: 46 33.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 22 15.9%
  • Partially developed getaway island

Votes: 21 15.2%
  • Fully underdeveloped island

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
I can't say that I've made a final decision (that's why I voted "I don't know"), but I will likely have it be more developed than undeveloped.

Probably same as I did in New Leaf, I'll have some areas of the town developed with all the buildings in one area while other areas will be mostly trees and plants. But I'll probably make some changes when the game is released.

My plan is to build a "rural", fantasy-esque village/town. Developed to a degree, but not modern (as in not with our modern technology) and instead very much in touch with nature, definitely with a more mystical, magical vibe to it too. An aesthetic mixture of the Rune Factory charm, Ghibli magic and a bit of Legend of Zelda perhaps? I don't know how else to explain it.

That's usually what I go for in AC games.
I also like to come up with stories for the characters and the town in general.
I'm very excited for the landscaping and designing, especially with being able to place furniture items outside.

Last edited:
Gonna try to make a typical forest-ish town. Not sure right now about any details.

Fully developed all the way. I see mine being more a more foresty island up towards the cliffs and when it comes down to the beach I'll make it more tropical looking.

I guess I'm gonna turn my island into a partially developed town. Like it is a overall developed town,
but not 100%, there will be here and there spots which will shows this. I still work on the theme, but
I need first more information about the game to kinda get a better view of it and be also able to plan
better.

hmm i'd wanna build mine into some sort of retreat/ holiday site type thing. like for different villagers to stay in and stuff

I think i'm gonna go with Partially Developed Town. I want it to have a bit of a mix of getaway island

I don't know how everyone is so confident in their choices on what to do with their island before the game comes out. I'm overwhelmed with possibility and I have no clue where to even start, lol. I can't even think up a name.

Based on the treehouse footage, I plan to develop the middle part where Tom Nook's tent is and leave the rest of the island to be more "natural".

But that could all change once I actually play the game.

I've lived in towns for the past 9 years, I'm ready for a change! I will develop my island to some extent but I still want it to be an island, not just a town on an island.

I?ve always wanted to make a modern city like town but idk if it would fit on an island... maybe I?ll make a resort.

But anyways I?m probs gonna do fully developed town.

I saw Zucker icon and thought I wrote this topic in my dreams or something xP I was freaking out for a second.

I am planning to build a fully developed town with one or two park areas, similar to what I have in NL.

I would usually go for a fully developed town, but lately in my playthroughs of Animal Crossing GCN and Wild World I've been more used to having a partially developed town. I'm likely gonna go for perfect status, but I'd rather keep the town free of a lot of PWPs like my New Leaf town. I really like the natural feel of the town when the main attraction is different types of trees and flowers, the river/ocean, the abundance of wildlife, and all the nice animal villagers. It just makes me feel all nice and cozy :blush:

I'll probably go with a partially developed town with a rustic/natural aesthetic, but I'm terrible at planning, so who knows.

Depends on how big the map is. At least as of right now, I fully intend to have as many villagers as we're allowed, so that would lend itself more toward being a town. That might change with time and I might decide to cut back, but we'll have to see when the game is actually out.

Back