• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

what makes you nervous?

I get extremely nervous when people rest their head on my shoulder it's just something that throws me waaaay off and makes me really uncomfortable, but is happens a lot and I can't bring myself to say anything about it...

I get extremely nervous when people rest their head on my shoulder it's just something that throws me waaaay off and makes me really uncomfortable, but is happens a lot and I can't bring myself to say anything about it...

You should ask them kindly to take their head off your shoulder. They won't get offended. It's YOUR shoulder, after all.

When I tell something to a professor who knows a lot of his field of research and he just keeps quiet. Makes feel im much dumber.

Being alone in the dark (sometimes even in my bedroom), being in an unfamiliar place for too long, dentists, the night before I take a new class, not knowing where I am or how to get home (simply put: being lost), when someone I don't like stands too close to me. MAN, that's a big one. It triggers anxiety in me on a whole new level.

I guess I call these my phobias. They don't make me nervous to the point of being unable to function, though. I think the only one from my list that's that severe is being in an unfamiliar place for too long. For some reason, I start to have difficulty doing simple tasks such as talking or breathing. I feel that it's linked to my asthma, but I'm not entirely sure. I sound like a freak, don't I? :(

Last edited:
i get nervous when i meet someone with more sweg than me, or when I am left alone with a stranger, or when I use the boys bathroom at school (if i use the girls bathroom i am fine, but if i use the boys i have to bring 3 pairs of scissors). I also get nervous when crazy therapist lady talks to me

Oh yes and this, but with holding hands. I hate it when other people try touch my hands. Also with kisses and hugs. They're just gross to me, kisses anywhere b/c that's someone's spit on your face or hands or whatever. And don't try to hug me, unless you want to hug an awkward teddy bear. I don't really care about anything else, except maybe when people grab me.Lol I am the worst girlfriend ever.

- - - Post Merge - - -

or when I use the boys bathroom at school (if i use the girls bathroom i am fine, but if i use the boys i have to bring 3 pairs of scissors). I also get nervous when crazy therapist lady talks to me

And I'm curious... why do you need scissors in a bathroom? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh yes and this, but with holding hands. I hate it when other people try touch my hands. Also with kisses and hugs. They're just gross to me, kisses anywhere b/c that's someone's spit on your face or hands or whatever. And don't try to hug me, unless you want to hug an awkward teddy bear. I don't really care about anything else, except maybe when people grab me.Lol I am the worst girlfriend ever.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And I'm curious... why do you need scissors in a bathroom? :rolleyes:

Lol, you get nervous when people try to show you affection? I don't blame you. Same with me. I back away slowly.

meeting new people, everything, everyone and people listening to my voice. I am a very anxious person

Regarding social stuff, Not as much anymore, I've become a much more open person than who I used to be...still, it can be hard in situations....but for the most part I try to remain optimistic, and yeah...:D

@ ACE: actually, yeah, I was also diagnosed w/ asperger's(earlier I was diagnosed w/ autism but later they figured it to be more specifically aspergers). Of course, I had a hellish experience on mescaline once, so I've learned to empathize more w/ people....idk, maybe it's more of my spirituality that's helped me really, cause in retrospect I realize it was just the drug doing it to me and nothing else. The bad experience that is, idk, the point is I've learned to become much more open overall!!!:)

Last edited:
i was really nervous just today.
a guy asked me out
but the thing is i didnt want to go out with him so i told him i'd have to think about it because im really bad at this
so my plan was to avoid him for the rest of my life
but it didnt turn out that way because of interference from other people before the day was even over.

dont give me the "it's wrong to keep him waiting for an answer" crap, i dont want to hear it.
this doesnt happen to me
i dont get asked out
i was freaking out inside.
im sooo bad at this

^^ This ^^^
Every time a guy ask me out I say "I'll think about it" and never answer them. It's not be mean, but I can't deal with someone crying or being upset. (I dunno why, but I am really bad at comforting people; when I'm sad I want to be alone) It was really awkward because last year, this guy I was assigned to sit on the bus with asked me out in the middle of the year, and I never talked to him. So I said "Yeah, I'll think about that..." and he kind of just had this look on his face like "Okay, I'll wait for an answer..." I never gave him one, and the bus driver didn't let me change seats, so I was stuck with him until the end of the year
*-* (Stupid story but hope it helps you out)

Last edited:
^^ This ^^^
Every time a guy ask me out I say "I'll think about it" and never answer them. It's not be mean, but I can't deal with someone crying or being upset. (I dunno why, but I am really bad at comforting people; when I'm sad I want to be alone) It was really awkward because last year, this guy I was assigned to sit on the bus with asked me out in the middle of the year, and I never talked to him. So I said "Yeah, I'll think about that..." and he kind of just had this look on his face like "Okay, I'll wait for an answer..." I never gave him one, and the bus driver didn't let me change seats, so I was stuck with him until the end of the year
*-* (Stupid story but hope it helps you out)
its nice hearing someone can sympathize.
thank you for your story :)

When people watch me perform specific task. e.g. whenever I do IV insertion to a patient (i work in the hosp) then the family member watches me do it, it makes me nervous/conscious as hell.

Back