What is the sign that you've stayed up too late?

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Orange Hybrid Rose
Gold Hybrid Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
We all have that one thing that tells us we've stayed up later than we should have. What's yours?

Mine is noticing that the electronic billboard outside my house has turned off for the night.

When my clock’s says it’s 12 AM, that’s when I need to go out like a light. I need enough sleep to be prepared for school and sleeping at 12 is not going to be enough for me…

i actually get sleepy lol. or the time reads 3AM. whichever comes first. (though usually, those things occur simultaneously. for some reason, i often suddenly feel more awake around 10PM until about 3AM, even if i was sleepy all day. it's very unideal.)

I don't generally care about when I stay up unless I have work or a workout the next day. There's nothing in particular that tells me this, I'm just very good about time management.

When it’s 1am and I have only an hour until I have to wake up to cath Nicholas. My body doesn’t let me fall asleep knowing I have to be up again so soon, so I end up staying awake until after his 2am cath and I hate it the next morning.

When I hear my dad get up for the day, which is usually between 5-7am.
IMG_2812.png

Or when I check TBT and there’s only me and 1-3 other people online lol

once it gets around 2:30-3AM my eyes start to really hurt and that’s when i know i have to call it a night ;n;

When my alarm says "waking you up in x hours/min." For reference, this is usually at least 2 hours before my alarms go off, which is around 6-7 AM. Oh, and when I look outside and it starts to get bright.

when my eyes get watery and i hear the EAS broadcasting test alert 😳

I don't have any signs. I normally just go to sleep, and I'm pretty good about going to sleep at a normal time when I work the following day.

I used to work overnight shift, so my sleeping hours were a little different for quite some time. The point you'd be getting ready for bed, I'd be clocking in for my shift at work. When your alarm would be going off to wake you up, I'd be falling into a deep sleep. I haven't worked third shift in years, but I didn't hate it.

When it starts to get brighter outside and the birds chirp. Also when my eyes do that tired burning thing.

I'm fairly tolerant and can function with little sleep.

Although eventually if I do this too much, my body says 'that's enough, time to catch up on sleep'. I'll crash at an abnormally early hour. It's an overwhelming feeling of grogginess.

I know that I've left it too late to fall asleep when my medication has run out and my mind won't stop racing LOL.

Back