What is the difference between Northern and Southern hemisphere?

Aloha

Bird
Bells
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Yellow Pansy
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Mailbox
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Orange (Fruit)
My friends in a group chat all play ACNH. They were discussing about the hemisphere and said they all chose North hemisphere. I haven't received my game yet because I ordered it from Amazon and with covid 19 circulating rn,delivery may take awhile. One of my buds told me when I receive my copy to choose southern hemisphere and I asked what the difference is. They said different animals?

Can't say for sure but it's probable just opposite seasons meaning you'd be in Fall instead of Spring

Its seasons are reversed, so you'll currently have animals they won't be able to collect until 6 months from now. They want you to pick it to benefit them. If you'd prefer to have your seasons match your real life seasons go North.

As explained in the direct, and E3 2019, the hemisphere allows players to experience seasons closer to the way they are in real life.

That's all. My advice, go watch the 2.20.2020 Direct for a recap on the seasonal changes.

Last edited:
It's for people who live in the southern hemisphere who do not have the seasons at the same time as those of us who live in the north.

My friends in a group chat all play ACNH. They were discussing about the hemisphere and said they all chose North hemisphere. I haven't received my game yet because I ordered it from Amazon and with covid 19 circulating rn,delivery may take awhile. One of my buds told me when I receive my copy to choose southern hemisphere and I asked what the difference is. They said different animals?

im from aus so i chose the Southern Hemisphere. the only difference is that the seasons are in different orders. for example, christmas time for Southern Hemisphere is summer, rather than it being winter. other than that, everything is the same

Back