• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What in-game gives you that sweet serotonin boost?

Spooky.

Lonely Heart
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Leif
Poptart Easter Egg
For me, it's watching my villagers singing and dancing around the island, and watching gyroids make silly squeaks and noises to songs. I could listen to my gyroids for hours - I even made a room just to hang out with the 'roids and watch them.

What things make you really happy in game that gives that nice boost of serotonin?

definitely all the cute letters i get. especially ones from the lazy villagers because they're super sweet and always make my day.

When Isabelle announces there’s a camper in the campsite. Usually they’re horrendous and I’d never move them in but it’s fun to see who it is.

I love when one of my villagers says something sweet or profound to me. The other day, Dotty started talking to me about space and the universe and I was so happy. Also, today, Rolf was talking about resources and how we have to think about how we use trees to make all the paper towels we use.

Wearing dumb outfits amuses me a lot. I like wearing cute outfits but I get this itch to one day be a muscle man with a sombrero and the dog snout, y'know?
I like to visit random islands wearing these wacky outfits too.

Then a double boost would be having friends joining me on my wild adventure of matching stupid outfits.

The villagers interacting with music players or basically just interacting with anything I place on my island. I love watching them interact with their environment, it’s so adorable. Watching them focus so hard on catching a bug but never having success is so cute too 🥺

I love watching them fish and catch bugs with no success. It’s cute watching them try even if they fail. They keep trying even though they don’t succeed.

Listening in my villagers’ conversations or when they try on the outfits I gifted them and it’s a perfect fit. I also really love popping balloons and it just happens to be an item I have been looking for!

Just seeing my villagers living their best life on my island. Especially if they're doing activities, waving to each other, or using the areas I've decorated.

Also my gyroids right now. I love digging them up each day and I love seeing their movements and sounds. I never cared about gyroids in previous titles (beyond trying to collect them all), but I absolutely adore the little dudes now.

A lot of people want 'edgy' villagers back, but honestly.
hearttwiggy.png

watching my villagers sing. it is way too cute. also shooting down balloons. getting a diy i don't have yet! fishing up a new fish. also the food looks so tasty i love it.

hoo boy, this is gonna be a long list lol. a lot of these things probably seem silly, but it doesn’t take much to make me happy when it comes to animal crossing. :’)

𓆉 adding new stuff to my catalog.
𓆉 seeing a villager/npc drinking coffee at the roost.
𓆉 finding celeste roaming around on my island.
𓆉 kapp’n taking me to any mysterious island that isn’t the boring default one.
𓆉 successfully picking up an item that’s displayed without plucking any of the flowers near or in front of it.
𓆉 getting new diys/cooking recipes.
𓆉 adding gyroids to my collection, especially when it’s a squeakoid!
𓆉 island hopping for new villagers.
𓆉 inviting a villager/npc to harv’s island to unlock their poster.
𓆉 obtaining a villager’s photo.
𓆉 wardell. <3

i’m probably forgetting a few things, but this is all that came to mind! ^_^

Ooh, so many things give me serotonin in this game. But I will just list a few:

☆ When my villagers do the group stretching.
☆ When I see my villagers bopping or singing in the plaza.
☆ Going on boat rides with Kapp'n
☆ Getting new Gyroids. Those things are so stinking cute.
☆ When a villager gives me their photo.
☆ Finding new fish or bugs to give to Blathers.
☆ Finding my dreamies.

Villagers singing for sure, but the best moment for me is 5pm song and the sunset lighting. It's when I think my island looks the best.

Back