What ideas do you have for AC that would make NH better! Also lets hear your dislikes!

Man, where do I begin...ahem

-Add every villager from previous games to New Horizons
-Let us have more than 10 villagers if we aren’t going to use the 8 extra resident slots
-More design slots
-Put a shopping cart in the Able Sister’s changing room so we can purchase more colors of a clothing in one go instead of going back and forth
-Be able to turn off hourly music
-Be able to change island and player’s name(It can be expensive or whatever, just let us have the option please)
-Add fertilizer for flowers that are hard to breed
-More furniture
-More villager interactions(Etc, inviting villagers to your house, they invite you to their house, hugging, sitting down on the ground with villagers, sing with villagers, kick balls with your villagers)
-Make villagers have more to say(This is a life simulation game and we’re probably going to play this game more then 1 year so there needs to be more things that villagers have to say)
-Make the villagers that are supposed to be mean actually be mean. Cranky for example. Acting like a boomer is not being cranky.
-Add more exterior designs. I said this once and Imma say it again, we used to have great options in New Leaf from Japanese zen house to a freaking castle. Idkw they took this feature out especially since this game is about customization.

That’s all I want to say for now.
Post automatically merged:

My suggestion to make ACNH better would be the have a food shop on the island... wait even better.. maybe a coffee shop. And in this so-called "coffee shop" could be an NPC that serves coffee/hot chocolate to the villagers that come in. This NPC could be a pigeon perhaps. I think this could make the game better in whole.
I see what you did there lmao

Last edited:
We need to be able to lock our designs.. right now players on the console can delete other players designs... for me it happend on accident cause the player couldnt read!

• Nook mile redemption for more custom design slots like they did to expand pockets (or let us use the pro "clothing design" slots for paths/decor or whatever we want)
  • Faster swimming/ flippers of some sort
  • Make golden tools less breakable
  • Pascal gives all DIYs and items out before resulting to giving pearls (like Celeste's DIYs then giving star frags)
  • Add more shops to the game
  • Allow crafting multiple items at once
  • Buy items in bulk (i.e. more than 5 customization kits)
  • Let us buy what we want in one go in the changing room at Ables rather than having to go in and out
  • Faster/shorter cutscenes when someone is flying over to your island
  • More frequent meteor showers
Those are just a few things I could think of off the top of my head!

One thing I’d like is in the airport, to have a little queue thing. I’m not sure how to describe this but instead of having to hear Orville’s “wuh-oh” spiel a million times, instead he offers to let you wait in the airport and ping you once you have an open flight. Then the game can check multiple times at different intervals instead of you impatiently pressing the A button and mocking his spiel (don’t blame him, he’s just doing his job)!

-Be able to change island and player’s name(It can be expensive or whatever, just let us have the option please)
As a trans gender individual I would kill for this option. I had to delete my original town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, BECAUSE I realized I am a trans girl, and I wanted to go by my preferred name in-game... but since I couldn't change my name I had no choice but to delete my town and start over from scratch.

It would really help other trans people deal with their dysphoria in-game.

As a trans gender individual I would kill for this option. I had to delete my original town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, BECAUSE I realized I am a trans girl, and I wanted to go by my preferred name in-game... but since I couldn't change my name I had no choice but to delete my town and start over from scratch.

It would really help other trans people deal with their dysphoria in-game.
Yeah I’m sorry you went through that. I feel it’s really stupid to make someone have no other option than to delete all the hard work they did over something that can be prevented like being able to change island and players name. I know they said that you wouldn’t be able to change it later on but ****, people feelings change. And like you said something like this would be a big help for Trans people.

Would really like for the journals to come back. I'd like to be able to write some things down to remember or keep track of. I want to keep a log for the stalk market to track the trends in my town, for example, but I'd hate to have to buy a real life journal for that. And I'd never remember to write in it if I did. So if I had one in the game it'd be easy to fill up.

Would really like for the journals to come back. I'd like to be able to write some things down to remember or keep track of. I want to keep a log for the stalk market to track the trends in my town, for example, but I'd hate to have to buy a real life journal for that. And I'd never remember to write in it if I did. So if I had one in the game it'd be easy to fill up.
Was that in any game other than the GameCube ones? I don’t remember using the journal at all (though I have vague memories of one in the GC original)

+ An expanded Nook's Cranny that has a bunch of furniture slots like the previous game.

+ The ability to customize all furniture instead of having island-specific versions.

+ Food items

+ Picnic tables, volleyball nets, public grill (like a nailed down one), and other additional outdoor furniture (The kayak from the previous games would actually look so cute now)

+ Crafting multiple bait

+ A way to see where villagers currently are on the map (So tired of searching the museum for them when they aren't there!)

+ Wall shelves to put small items on including trophies

+ The ability to equip the wetsuit to either the wand or the tool wheel

+ Weekly guarenteed Redd. (Would love for him to come on Sundays after Daisy Mae leaves)

+ A way to access storage outside your house

+ A visual indication when buying clothes and furniture that they are in your catalogue

I do miss the old shop when we could design furniture and put it up for sale and then tell the villagers to buy them and then they would put them in there house..

Recode the villager conversations and cut back on the repetitive dialogue. When I say recode, I don't mean write new dialogue for them. I just mean get rid of the daily comments they keep saying about when you collect fossils, shake trees, pick up seashells, terraform, ect.

I'd say give Isabelle the same treatment. Get rid of her personal announcement. It was cute the first day or so when I got the game, but I could care less now. She needs to tell us the real going ons of the island. Who is there, what is happening, ect. Let's be honest, Isabelle isn't really offering us much that Nook couldn't take care of himself. She came back for fanservice alone.

I’m gonna try to outside of the box here and not suggest obvious stuff like more QR spots or Ables Shopping Cart since I’m sure ppl have already mentioned it.
  • Mining with ores, and DIY recipes with gemstones
  • People can display their islands via the Dream Suite and you can search for designs
  • A restaurant NPC would sells restaurant/food furniture
  • Villager update with more dialogue. Villagers can now date other villagers (with your permission) and they do stuff like spread rumors and gossip
  • Every month, there’s an event where the devs release limited edition furniture. You can obtain this furniture by participating in the event. The event is submitting and voting on the room/island with the best theme (like a monthly theme for the event). You can go to Harv’s island to take pictures. In the last week of the month, you can vote on the best submission in your local area.
  • Ex: For August, the theme is outdoor festival. You go to Harv’s island and get the limited edition festival stalls and kimonos. With these, you submit a design. The winners of this event get a special title and trophy.

Reactions: JSS
Seeing some ask for different music, it'd be so easy for them to put a music app on the Nook Phone. We could put on K.K. songs and other hourly music without stereos everywhere. But we can't have options like that because "the heart of the game"!

Anyway my biggest want is to be able to decorate villager homes. I'd ask for full control over their wardrobe as well like in Pocket Camp but I doubt they'll let us do that in NH. Sure you can give them clothes but it's random what they will choose to wear everyday, hats included. It's funny at first but a train wreck most times and Dobie just gifted Bunnie a towel wrap. Please pray!

Seeing some ask for different music, it'd be so easy for them to put a music app on the Nook Phone. We could put on K.K. songs and other hourly music without stereos everywhere. But we can't have options like that because "the heart of the game"!

Anyway my biggest want is to be able to decorate villager homes. I'd ask for full control over their wardrobe as well like in Pocket Camp but I doubt they'll let us do that in NH. Sure you can give them clothes but it's random what they will choose to wear everyday, hats included. It's funny at first but a train wreck most times and Dobie just gifted Bunnie a towel wrap. Please pray!
At this point, I just want a complete villager reset button… Mathilda won’t stop wearing a comedian’s outfit and Dotty keeps wearing a sweatshirt I told her I hated.

I could had went crazy with some things I really want, but I listed two things that are quite easy fixes and more in line with what Nintnedo could possibly do.

If I'm really being serious about wild dreams, I'd like to be able to have some way to select hourly music from all the games and you can mix and match which ones you want. Like 2am cat music PG on 2am and 7pm NL on 7pm. Honestly NH music isn't doing it for me. I don't like it at all.

In a few years the only NH song I will remember well enough to give me nostalgia will be the start menu.

Definitely indicators when my tools are gonna break!! I love the customisations so don't mind customising to refill the durability, but sometimes you use one too many times and it's gone. I like to see how long I can go before it breaks but would much prefer to know.
Also having a "drop button" so when you're in your inventory, and you wanna drop something press X for example and it just drops. Instead of accidentally eating things, wearing things, or grabbing one of them. This also for putting stuff in storage, because it takes so much more time selecting, going down to 'place in storage' and doing it for multiple items, especially when you accidentally drop them it's annoying.
One other thing, have the tool you're using be in your hand and come out of your storage like the old games, for those times you need an extra slot lol. I think all these would majorly improve quality of life, and just make things easier and not getting annoyed at it.
Disclaimer: I ranted all of this out and have no energy to go back and read, so sorry if it all makes no sense but I tried xD

Back