What greetings or catch phrases have you taught your villagers?

I've taught Stitches to say "GLOOM AND DOOM!" as a greeting. I usually give different language greetings to my villagers ("Ciao", "Salut", "Guten tag", and, uh, "Ohayou") so this should be an interesting change of pace.

Biskit once said, "we should talk in our own secret code, like spies!" So I gave him a code in numbers. I don't remember what it was, Biskit moved out a little while ago.

Maple's current greeting is "Why am I so ugly" and her catchphrase is "I'm ugly"

tumblr_mxo103ZUti1sw9iroo1_400.jpg

Suits her.

Although I have now grown attached to Spork, I was pretty peeved with him as he first moved into my Japanese game right in the middle of my main avenue AND in front of the bridge; I thought I was rid of him when he moved ... I didn't know at the time that I could inherit villagers by visiting towns where they were voided ... and he moved into my fairly new at the time English town - right in front of Town Hall!
Every since, his greeting has been "I'm bacon, dude" and his catchphrase, whenever he asks me to change it, is "fry me".

Otherwise, I try to stay species related - not very inventive. Caroline and Marshal both greet with "Got n-u-t-s?". Gwen says "Brrrrilliant" and "icebergs".

I have Doc, who used to say "old bunny" all the time. So when he asked me for a new catchphrase, I changed it to "old top", what Buck Strickland says in King of the Hill.

Now every time he talks, I read his dialogue in Buck's voice xD

I've taught Kyle to greet with "LOOK, A TITAN!!!" and his catchphrase is "kufufufufu".
Puck's catchphrase is "kawaii".

Greetings:
Eugene - Hey buddy
Wolfgang - Oh hey buddy
Mallary - Speak now
Curt - 'Ello gov'nor
Victoria - Say hey
Stitches - Najiramba

Catchphrases:
Wolfgang - dolomite
Curt - bacon bits
Victoria - carrots
Stitches - munchies
Goose - chutzpah

Catchphrases:
Robin- do-re-mi
Cookie- tee-hee
Barold- Bearson
Sly- on march

Greetings:
Barold- hmmmm

No one else has asked so far

I gave Eugene the catchphrase "I<3Mondays". Now I think it's "K.K.Slider".

I usually have my villagers say food things like "oreo" "zesty" "beef" "cookie" "pancake" etc.
I have my jocks say "Bronado" (tornado with a Bro) and Brozinsky and Ankha says "Mew"

I have Cranston say "Heard from CIA?" because he wanted to be a spy one day. Angus says "Get off my lawn!" or "Who are you", I don't remember the others really :(

Last edited:
Whenever anyone asks, I put "Hello, my lord" as their greeting, and "my lord" as their catchphrase. I'm superior to my villagers in every way, so I might as well make them acknowledge it.

I try to keep my villagers catchphrases the ones they came with. Their greetings are usually pretty boring.. like "Hey" or "Hello -catchphrase here-" :c

Every now and then I give villagers their own little themes.
I decided Roald was a huge Gaga fan and had his greeting as A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E and catchphrase as AR-TP-OP.
And after marathon watching Joey Graceffa before leaving uni Fauna now says Greetianious (or maybe Chickadianyas ~ which was Twiggys before she left) and her catchphrase is anya.

But my current fav right now is Zells catchphrase, 'so trashy'.

EDIT: Oh! And Deirdre is trying to make Fetch happen. ;P

Last edited:
i prefer ridiculously stupid ones XD, some are..

- mmkay
- derp
- Gringlefleghck!
- amigo
- hint hint
- BOMB! (paper mario reference)

Someone should tell her to stop trying to make Fetch happen, because it's not going to happen. LOL

I'm expecting an explosive argument with Fuchsia sometime, probably soon as she's started smelling like a foot, but she's not yet had to wear sporty clothes 2 days in 1 week, nor been hit by a bus.

They all say "Ohayou" in the morning, followed by "what's up Pancake?"

The dogs (Walker) say "woof".
The ostrichs (Phoeve) say "Cuckoo".
The cats (Ankha) say "meow".
And the deer (Beau) say "jiggles", what ever that means. :D

I tried learning them the Italian Mafia-like "capiche?" but they keep using it wrong. It doesn't sound as threatening when they use it in a happy sentence: "Yesterday I found a blue table, capiche. *Glee's*"

Last edited:
Back