• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What features would you add to this game/Animal Crossing in general?

An addition to the suggested bigger island. Someone mentioned a hotel as well with random villagers showing up. Wouldn't it be amazing if you could talk to them about your town and the next day or two days after they show up in your campsite so you can invite them to move to your town? I, personally, would love that :D

I also would like to be able to zone the town. Like, this area here is housing, this area here is for garden, this area here is forest. That way the villagers would know where to plot house, where to plant flowers and such :D

Being able to invite villagers to walk around town with you and visit other villagers homes. Three way convos and not just when you are fortunate enough to bust in on one. Able to give gifts to villagers not just via the mail. Traveling to the island with villagers and going on medal hunts with them. Only having a villager move when YOU request it.

I'd like to see more villager species. I'd like chinchillas, maybe some foxes.
I'd also like more villager personalities, maybe some unisex ones. Also more pattern spaces and more closet spaces.

~More storage! I'm really shocked how little storage there is in the game, considering all of the items to collect.
~More plants you can farm, like fruit bushes, maybe some seeds/shrub crops, etc.
~The ability to plot villagers where you choose; you're the mayor after all xD
~Cooking/crafting. I always though it'd be neat to have that in an Animal Crossing game
~Completely custom 3D furniture. Like, you design it using a 3D art designer. Probably never gonna happen.

- More storage
- Separate tool inventory
- More design slots (even more than Happy Home Designer even)
- A better way to hold large amounts of money without money bags. Like an ATM card-like thing
- Send letters to people in other towns
- The ability to put fish in your house in some kind of nicer fish tank/aquarium
- Customizing PWPs (kinda like Cyrus' refurbishing, but for PWPs)
- The ability to turn grass wear on and off somehow. Some people like grass wear, others don't.
- and pretty much all of the improvements that Happy Home Designer added

Last edited:
To get rid of rocks you don't want.
Choose where you want your villager's house to be.
Choose whether you want that specific villager in your town or not.
Villagers don't talk about moving away. Instead, if you want a specific one gone (for whatever reason) you can just ask them to leave.
You can chose how big or small you want your town to be (I for one wish mine were bigger).
To be able to plant palm trees in town without hacking the game.
No limit to connected bushes.
No limit to how many bushes, saplings, flowers you can buy.
A separate section in your pockets just for your tools.
No limit on villagers, I want my town to feel like an actual town. Meaning I want a bigger population than just ten animals lol.
Remove the PWP limit.
Should be able to place a ground pattern in front of a door, so that awkward, empty space isn't there.
More variety with bush starts and sapling, saplings especially.
The ability to move your house if you don't like the spot, instead of deleting your character and starting over.
Every single item is listed in your catalog. With the ones you don't have labeled "?". Easier to keep track this way.
More options on how you want the exterior of your house to be built.

That's all I've got so far.

I just remembered an idea I had!

If a holiday doesn't have an equivalent counterpart but is region locked, the region locking should be removed. So Americans could get to experience Japanese holidays and Japanese players could experience American holidays.

I sometimes kinda wish I could have more than one kind of perfect fruit. I mean, getting perfect fruit other than your town's original is in the first place pretty hard if you don't trade with other players - so why not? Would definitely be cool with more storage space. They seriously upped the space from Wild World with like, 4 times bigger! But we STILL kinda need more. What about things like chests? Instead of a locker that's connected with every other wardrobe, dresser and locker, the chest's items can ONLY be taken out of that one chest; perfect way of storing things like unorderables, fruit, clothes or the like and clear up a lot of space. x_x

Me and a couple friends made a list on about 200 features that we can add to the game.

I wish that there was a PWP which is like a signpost from the older games, and wherever you put one down is where the next villager will live.

I also would like a "best friends" option where, once a villager gives you their pic, they go on a "best friends" list in the town hall and won't be able to move. You could remove and re-add people from the list too. This would help people keep their dreamies ;) and make moving some villagers out MUCH quicker!

Also a three-way villager conversation. I would love to see one with O'Hare, Carmen and Chrissy XD

Last edited:
I wish...because we ARE the mayor, we should have the right to plot where their houses are going to be, something like in Animal crossing happy home academy. I personally am mad at myself for giving my villagers anything in my inventory because i didnt know any better. now several of my villager houses are totally ruined and unfixable in my eyes. Wish we could decorate their houses to our will. i heard someone wanted to make their whole village a maze. unfortunately, its practically impossible because of the limit of how much each can be connected. the part where paths are not able to go on...irks me. its like pink stone path, pink stone path, pink stone path, and then bam, green grass. it doesnt match at all, especially the area near the train station. planting bushes along the cliff/surrounding PWP's is a great idea to me but every. single. one. of. them. dies. id really like if we could just grow our own perfect fruit trees, every single perfect fruit instead of having to ask every time u run out. i really despise the PWP limit, i cant put streetlamps to line my path together! also, the villager who moves in on ur plants should send it to the lost and found instead of downright making them disappear too. also, instead of the villager deciding when to move, i wish we could just kick them out on our own, way easier than worrying about someone moving away all night

I just had an interesting idea!

Why not have the option to just give Isabelle items from your inventory as gifts? At first I thought of it because of the Offering system in Kid Icarus: Uprising, but making it more like the item giving system in Xenoblade Chronicles where some items raise friendship and others lower it might be better. And if you completely win her over, she gives you her picture!

Back