• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what edibles did you make today?

Right now I'm trying out a new recipe. I have some Bisquick that needs used up soon and I thought, well, what better way to burn through it than with cookies or bread or something.
I'm new to Bisquick and thought I'd get familiar with it since the pandemic caused all the flour and stuff to disappear, but premixed stuff like this was available.
Anywho, I found this peanut butter cookie recipe with no eggs or butter, not even sugar unless you roll the dough balls in sugar before baking. Which I will be doing since I don't have the exact milk called.
Ingredient list:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
1/4 cup white sugar, for rolling (optional)

I'm curious to see how it turns out. I didn't have sweetened condensed milk, but I did have 12oz of evaporated milk, which basically means it isn't sweetened which is fine. The dough is chilling in the fridge right now and it smells good.

It turned out... Bad lol. (Many Bisquick recipes aren't that good tbh.. but it's not always the fault of the Bisquick) the batch I made, I did half of it rolled in sugar and the other half I dropped the rest of the remaining sugar in and mixed it instead to see the difference.
It is amazing how much something changes in just texture by mixing sugar in vs rolling it on the outside of a ball. Taste is better with it dissolved in batter too even if you kept to the 1/4 cup.
So, I changed the ingredients some and made a cake instead that is edible. It needs a good icing or 🍌fresh fruit on the side🍓 though. The texture is really good and reminds me of a brownie. And may possibly be good layered with brownie... But that's... A lot of cake mass... Like two pans worth. You may be able to freeze half of it after baking. And I assume they would both cook ok together. Idk.
Basically the same ingredients as above except you take 1/2 cup or 1 cup of sugar, depending how sweet you want it, and mix it in the batter.

we made some peanut mochi last night to bring over to my cousins today~
IMG_4340.jpeg

choc_cupcakes.jpg

Made chocolate cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies today!
Not for me but for my husbands best friend who had a major surgery recently
chocchipcookiesss.jpg

though I definitely ate a couple cookies and half a cupcake just to be sure they turned out good

Back