Golden Watering Can
Pink Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
didn't see a thread like this, so here we go. something to show off your culinary creations

20230905_152126.jpg

to start off, I tried making some sugar cookies with the konpeitou I won from @Oblivia's giveaway during the latest camp tbt mixed in

they taste pretty good, although I think I could've probably taken them out a tad sooner, as the bottoms got slightly burnt. nothing I have a problem with, but I still think it'd have been better if I didn't accidentally burn them

My mom and I recently used some leftover Halloween candy to bake what we call "Diabetes Bars". They are absolutely delicious, if I can get the recipe I'll share it.

man i was like no way lambda is in here blazing

i made some cupcakes a bit ago but i did not take a picture 😔

reviving this thread with my carrot muffins!
Carrot bread is good and those look good too. 🥕👍 Carrots are the "it" vegetable for March though, because of Easter Day here in the U.S. It's almost February: I think that means you need to make muffins for Groundhog Day and groundhogs eat... uh, corn? Corn muffins! 🌽😁👍

I made some bomb-ass beans. I don't have a picture, but basically it cannellini beans, garlic, shallots, nutritional yeast, miso paste, and tomatoes roasted in olive with chili flake. All sauteed and simmered into hearty, savory, umami goodness. I've been on a real cooking kick right now too, and it's such a simple and delicious recipe, it keeps my motivation going. It wasn't sweet, but certainly edible.. so I'm throwing this in here ;)

Today I made french toast for the first time.

My mom explained it to me once, so I had some trouble remembering the steps. Plus she used a fork to beat the eggs instead of a hand mixer. I didn’t like how it came out. It didn’t taste as sweet and fluffy as my mom’s. Oh well, practice makes perfect.

I didn’t like how it came out.
What happened?? French toast with fruit and maple syrup is delicious! 😱 When I make french toast, I strictly use Texas Toast or something similar. Big, fluffy slices of white bread. 🍞 I also add cinnamon to the mixture. 👍 I just don't like that it takes a decent amount of eggs. Almost feels a little wasteful... 😅

What happened?? French toast with fruit and maple syrup is delicious! 😱 When I make french toast, I strictly use Texas Toast or something similar. Big, fluffy slices of white bread. 🍞 I also add cinnamon to the mixture. 👍 I just don't like that it takes a decent amount of eggs. Almost feels a little wasteful... 😅
yeah, perhaps I need to use that type of bread next time. Thanks!

I didn't "make" it, but I prepared shrimp with brown rice and soy sauce for dinner tonight! It was really good! 😋

8IMG6Ax.jpg

Right now I'm trying out a new recipe. I have some Bisquick that needs used up soon and I thought, well, what better way to burn through it than with cookies or bread or something.
I'm new to Bisquick and thought I'd get familiar with it since the pandemic caused all the flour and stuff to disappear, but premixed stuff like this was available.
Anywho, I found this peanut butter cookie recipe with no eggs or butter, not even sugar unless you roll the dough balls in sugar before baking. Which I will be doing since I don't have the exact milk called.
Ingredient list:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
1/4 cup white sugar, for rolling (optional)

I'm curious to see how it turns out. I didn't have sweetened condensed milk, but I did have 12oz of evaporated milk, which basically means it isn't sweetened which is fine. The dough is chilling in the fridge right now and it smells good.

oh! i forgot to post what we made for lunar new years :>
1708395162666.png
lotus cookies​
1708395190083.png
snickerdoodle cookies​
1708395214979.png
red bean nian gao (new year cake)​
1708395239175.png
i forgot to take a picture of the dinner before we ate TnT​

This isn't anything special, but I made some omelets for breakfast. I normally eat scrambled eggs in the morning, though it was nice to try out something I haven't eaten in a while. In addition, I made some pasta with basil pesto for dinner.

Back