What cozy/RPG to play on Switch?

Tommyputt

Mayor of Bertoko
Bells
Silver Mailbox
I’ve recently completed my animal crossing museum and find myself looking for something to get lost in on my switch.

I’m a huge animal crossing fan, and have played most the Nintendo first party games ofcourse.

Completed all Xenoblades and loved them, have purchased every story of season game, and rune factory 4 and 5.

Any suggestions on what I might enjoy/get lost in? Wish there was a Nintendo MMO or something..

Voting Unpacking and Sticky Business!

Unpacking you do exactly that, unpack as if you moved into a new room/house! Very calming.
Sticky Business you design and sell stickers as if you're running your own Etsy shop!

Voting Unpacking and Sticky Business!

Unpacking you do exactly that, unpack as if you moved into a new room/house! Very calming.
Sticky Business you design and sell stickers as if you're running your own Etsy shop!
I’ll check sticky business out! Have seen unpacking but didn’t tickle my fancy

Miitopia? It’s more antics of miis disguised as an rpg but I found it very amusing and pretty chill.

The miis can literally be of anyone real or imaginary so you can get pretty creative with it.

Miitopia? It’s more antics of miis disguised as an rpg but I found it very amusing and pretty chill.

The miis can literally be of anyone real or imaginary so you can get pretty creative with it.
I can agree on the "amusing" part, but whether you find it "chill" or not depends on who's playing. When it comes to RPGs I tend to get a bit competitive and when I get in a battle I'm only concerned about winning! With a mindset like this it can be overwhelming for me, which kind of ruins the whole experience.
I did play Miitopia, but then I stopped because of the crazy amount of options I have for armor, weaponry, grub, arranging my team, etc. And, of course, my internal fear of losing.
That's just from my perspective though, not sure why you find the game pretty chill beyond the customization. Elaborate, please?

I can agree on the "amusing" part, but whether you find it "chill" or not depends on who's playing. When it comes to RPGs I tend to get a bit competitive and when I get in a battle I'm only concerned about winning! With a mindset like this it can be overwhelming for me, which kind of ruins the whole experience.
I did play Miitopia, but then I stopped because of the crazy amount of options I have for armor, weaponry, grub, arranging my team, etc. And, of course, my internal fear of losing.
That's just from my perspective though, not sure why you find the game pretty chill beyond the customization. Elaborate, please?

In general I didn’t find it particularly hard which feels pretty chill to me. I’m used to RPGs where you pretty much need to maximize the choices you make and certain character builds are either good or so bad so sometimes you’d be better off not to use them. I’m also used to mistakes being quite costly (such as a character dying for good) thankfully none of that is present in Miitopia. I think I ended up losing once in Miitopia and it wasn’t a big deal just dust off and try again. Maybe try not to think of losing as such a bad thing? It’s not always an end all be all. Maybe think of it as I learned something so next time I will try something else that might work better? Though if the game isn’t for you that’s fine too everyone has their own tastes. :)

In general with Miitopia I found every class useful and since you switch around characters a fair bit for the story it encourages you to try out all the classes. There’s no real way to “mess up” a character either. Upgrading armor and weapons is pretty straightforward compared to other games as well as each piece just gets slightly better than the last and there’s no additional effects in place that might make a lower level piece of gear potentially better than a higher level one.

You know Miitopia is a great shout, I kind of let it pass me by because it wasn’t tomadachi life or a “revered” RPG, but I miss the mii’s and 3DS style games, so I’m going to give this a whirl! Thanks for the suggestion

If you like AC-type games, here's some I'd recommend:

- Cattails: become a cat is a life sim where you're a stray cat. You can join a clan, battle, hunt, decorate your den (in a rather limited way), change your appearance, etc. It's pretty simple but fun game and later on you can even start your own clan. I don't think it's a difficult/stressful game. It's also inspired by Warrior Cats but I've never read the series so I can't comment on that aspect.

- Spiritfarer is a game where you have a boat and sail it around the afterlife. You stop at islands along the way that you get to explore and you meet spirits you're supposed to help. There's fishing and you can do some farming on your boat, along with adding upgrades and rooms. It's not too difficult either and you can play it at your own pace. The subject matter might be an issue for some players (since the characters are dead and holding onto issues) but it's generally heartwarming, in my opinion! I'd recommend playing it on docked mode because the text is tiny otherwise.

- Cozy Grove is pretty similar to AC, except you live on an island with bear ghosts. You can farm, decorate, craft, fish/hunt bugs, etc. There's seasonal events. You unlock more locations/bears as you play. (Like Spiritfarer in tone, where the subject might seem morbid to some but it's presented in a heartwarming way.) It's very chill and I enjoy it a lot! If you're playing on handheld mode, I'd recommend looking at some screenshots first. I know some people who have had issues with item-finding quests on handheld mode due to size, YMMV.

I'm really intrigued by Shin-chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation. It seems like a Shin-chan-branded (idk why either) spin-off of the Boku no Natsuyasumi series, which is a Japan-only Playstation series. In those games, you're a kid trying to make the most of your summer, you do things like catching bugs/fish, making friends, exploring, etc. and they're very chill from the little I've played. The one downside is that you've got a limited time in each playthrough (the summer vacation) but you can always play multiple times if you want to see and do everything. Idk how the Shin-chan compares, though, because I've been avoiding spoilers :p

There's honestly LOTS of life sim, farming etc. games right now, including many that have Switch versions. If you do a quick search for games like Animal Crossing or for life sim games on Switch, you'll find tons. One I would NOT recommend is Garden Paws. The PC version was a bit of a mixed bag when I played, but the Switch version had a number of issues that took a long time to fix... no idea if they're even fixed yet.

I think there’s a cheap game called Haven Park? that got good reviews if cozy is what you’re after.

If you like AC-type games, here's some I'd recommend:

- Cattails: become a cat is a life sim where you're a stray cat. You can join a clan, battle, hunt, decorate your den (in a rather limited way), change your appearance, etc. It's pretty simple but fun game and later on you can even start your own clan. I don't think it's a difficult/stressful game. It's also inspired by Warrior Cats but I've never read the series so I can't comment on that aspect.

- Spiritfarer is a game where you have a boat and sail it around the afterlife. You stop at islands along the way that you get to explore and you meet spirits you're supposed to help. There's fishing and you can do some farming on your boat, along with adding upgrades and rooms. It's not too difficult either and you can play it at your own pace. The subject matter might be an issue for some players (since the characters are dead and holding onto issues) but it's generally heartwarming, in my opinion! I'd recommend playing it on docked mode because the text is tiny otherwise.

- Cozy Grove is pretty similar to AC, except you live on an island with bear ghosts. You can farm, decorate, craft, fish/hunt bugs, etc. There's seasonal events. You unlock more locations/bears as you play. (Like Spiritfarer in tone, where the subject might seem morbid to some but it's presented in a heartwarming way.) It's very chill and I enjoy it a lot! If you're playing on handheld mode, I'd recommend looking at some screenshots first. I know some people who have had issues with item-finding quests on handheld mode due to size, YMMV.

I'm really intrigued by Shin-chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation. It seems like a Shin-chan-branded (idk why either) spin-off of the Boku no Natsuyasumi series, which is a Japan-only Playstation series. In those games, you're a kid trying to make the most of your summer, you do things like catching bugs/fish, making friends, exploring, etc. and they're very chill from the little I've played. The one downside is that you've got a limited time in each playthrough (the summer vacation) but you can always play multiple times if you want to see and do everything. Idk how the Shin-chan compares, though, because I've been avoiding spoilers :p

There's honestly LOTS of life sim, farming etc. games right now, including many that have Switch versions. If you do a quick search for games like Animal Crossing or for life sim games on Switch, you'll find tons. One I would NOT recommend is Garden Paws. The PC version was a bit of a mixed bag when I played, but the Switch version had a number of issues that took a long time to fix... no idea if they're even fixed yet.
I’ve played spiritfarer/cozy grove and loved the former. Cozy grove ran pretty badly on switch sadly.

I saw some Shin-chan videos when it came out and it seemed like a really cool atmosphere, gave me ghibli vibes so that’s a good call!

Also I’m pretty sure I’ve played every farming sim possible on switch at this point, actually started going back to the 3DS to play story of seasons trio of towns a bit, and finding that really fun. Very excited for Fantasy Life this October as well, I never got super into the 3DS version, but the multiplayer on the switch trailers seem really cool.

Neo Geo Turf Masters. ⛳🏌️‍♂️ Hey, for some of us, cozy means cracking open a beer and smashing a golf ball down the fairway! 🍺 Once you get your first chip-in, that sweet sweet sound of the ball rattling in the cup is what keeps you comin' back. ON THE GREEN. 😎
frank_adams_swing_GIF.gif

A Short Hike was super fun! It was exactly what the title says, short lol, but super fun and cute. Dialogue was witty and cute, the artstyle was really cool and it was fun travelling around the area and exploring it! I think I spent like 4 hours in total before beating it, but I also took it slow and relaxed while playing.

Persona 5 (and Royal) is personally my favorite. It has catchy music, fantastic story, and fun gameplay. There are different difficulties so you can play it casually if you want. There are deadlines to beat bosses though.

A Short Hike was super fun! It was exactly what the title says, short lol, but super fun and cute. Dialogue was witty and cute, the artstyle was really cool and it was fun travelling around the area and exploring it! I think I spent like 4 hours in total before beating it, but I also took it slow and relaxed while playing.
Loved a short hike, felt like a great DS game and was such a nice atmosphere. Loved that you could change the quality of the compression if you didn’t like the old school feel as well, (I didn’t, but thought it was great)
Post automatically merged:

Persona 5 (and Royal) is personally my favorite. It has catchy music, fantastic story, and fun gameplay. There are different difficulties so you can play it casually if you want. There are deadlines to beat bosses though.
I’ve got maybe 30 hours into 5? I always struggle with certain JRPG’s and the cultural difference of sexualising a lot of characters, I know it’s a great game, but sometimes I’d feel awkward or uncomfortable with certain characters. Same reason I struggled to ever get into anime

Back