what could my oc, penny do with the fish, bugs, sea creatures & more inportantly, fossils & art?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestfriendsally

Senior Member (my name's charlotte)
Bells
Switch
4312-8499-3994
Red Envelope
she won't donate the fossils that she 'supposedly' digs up... she's not interested in them... the art as well
she doesn't like bugs that she doesn't like... she likes fish & bugs she likes are cute :3

the only art piece she'll buy from redd is the very first one...

the only fish she'll donate, to live in the aquariam are: *the one's she likes :3 *
bitterling
pale chub
crucian carp
dace
goldfish
pop-eyed goldfish
killifish
soft-shelled turtle
tadpole
frog
loach
pond smelt
guppy
nibble fish
angelfish
betta
neon tetra
rainbow fish
sea butterfly
seahorse
clownfish
anchovy

the only bugs she'll donate, to live in the bug room are: *the one's she likes :3 *
common butterfly
yellow butterfly
tiger butterfly
peacock butterfly
common bluebottle
paper kite butterfly
great purple emperor
emperor butterfly
agrias butterfly
rajah brookie's birdwing
queen alexandra's birdwing
moth
madagascan sunset moth
firefly
diving beetle *i think she's changed her opinion on them*
ladybug

sea creatures she likes or thinks are cute

animal-crossing-new-horizons-guide-sea-creature-icon-seaweed-crop.png
seaweed

sea grapes
animal-crossing-new-horizons-guide-sea-creature-icon-sea-grapes-crop.png

sea stars
animal-crossing-new-horizons-guide-sea-creature-icon-sea-star-crop.png

moon jellies
animal-crossing-new-horizons-guide-sea-creature-icon-moon-jellyfish-crop.png

scallops
animal-crossing-new-horizons-guide-sea-creature-icon-scallop-crop.png

gigas giant clam
animal-crossing-new-horizons-guide-sea-creature-icon-gigas-giant-clam-crop.png

umbrella octopus
animal-crossing-new-horizons-guide-sea-creature-icon-umbrella-octopus-crop.png

horseshoe crab
animal-crossing-new-horizons-guide-sea-creature-icon-horseshoe-crab-crop.png

so... what should she do with the one's she doesn't like? :unsure:

*i know i'm doing her sanrio-island story in the future, when i get a 2nd switch... but i kinda thought about needing ideas about it 🥴 *

Last edited:
Do you mean in the game, or in a fanfic? In the game, you can just sell or throw any fish back that you caught and don't want to donate. In a story outside of the game? Maybe her friends in the village want them, so she gives them as gifts? Or maybe she just eats them all, it depends on the reason that she doesn't want them in the museum. What is her motivation?

Do you mean in the game, or in a fanfic? In the game, you can just sell or throw any fish back that you caught and don't want to donate. In a story outside of the game? Maybe her friends in the village want them, so she gives them as gifts? Or maybe she just eats them all, it depends on the reason that she doesn't want them in the museum. What is her motivation?

it's going to be in game :3

she actually likes nature, but she doesn't like some fish... apart from the one's she likes in the OP :3

she has no interest in fossil finding, or redd's art/statues...

she really doesn't like bugs, other then what's on the list in the OP, so she tries her best to avoid them...

The easiest answer is to just sell anything you don't want to Timmy and Tommy. You'll have the added bonus of more bells, too. But if you want to avoid selling things...

You can just leave the fossils buried. If you don't like seeing the bury spot, rebury them behind a building or a cliff. More won't spawn if there are I think six of them already buried on your island.

If she doesn't like certain bugs, then she doesn't have to catch them, since you can tell what you're catching before you catch it. If she doesn't like art, you don't need to buy any. You have to go out of your way to go into Redd's boat when it's there, so it's very easy to avoid. If you got the one free painting from encountering Redd walking around your island and want to get rid of it without donating it, you can either sell it or throw it away in any trash can item.

Fish are the only ones where it's likely you'll get ones that your character doesn't want. But it's very easy to just release them right back into the water where you caught them from. Just select them in your inventory and choose the "release" option, or whatever similar thing it might be called.

You can also give any of those items, fish, bugs, art, fossils, etc. as gifts to villagers, if you don't mind potentially seeing those items again displayed in their houses.

Does that sound like it will work for you? Or did you mean something else? It's kind of an unusual question, so I'm not sure if my answers are helpful. ^o^;>

The easiest answer is to just sell anything you don't want to Timmy and Tommy. You'll have the added bonus of more bells, too. But if you want to avoid selling things...

You can just leave the fossils buried. If you don't like seeing the bury spot, rebury them behind a building or a cliff. More won't spawn if there are I think six of them already buried on your island.

If she doesn't like certain bugs, then she doesn't have to catch them, since you can tell what you're catching before you catch it. If she doesn't like art, you don't need to buy any. You have to go out of your way to go into Redd's boat when it's there, so it's very easy to avoid. If you got the one free painting from encountering Redd walking around your island and want to get rid of it without donating it, you can either sell it or throw it away in any trash can item.

Fish are the only ones where it's likely you'll get ones that your character doesn't want. But it's very easy to just release them right back into the water where you caught them from. Just select them in your inventory and choose the "release" option, or whatever similar thing it might be called.

You can also give any of those items, fish, bugs, art, fossils, etc. as gifts to villagers, if you don't mind potentially seeing those items again displayed in their houses.

Does that sound like it will work for you? Or did you mean something else? It's kind of an unusual question, so I'm not sure if my answers are helpful. ^o^;>

no, you're being helpful ^^

the first piece of art that she gets from redd, she plans to donate... & that's the only one :3....
if she thinks they'll be any good things on redds boat... she take a look... but if there's nothing she wants, she's off that boat so fast...

she's more then happy to find eggs on the days leading up to bunny day... me & her loves easter ^^

Last edited:
Sometimes we have to do things we don't really want to do to move ahead or the good of everyone. I feel a little bit bad for Blathers every time I give him a bug (and I'm right there with him with the heebie jeebies), but building the museum is important to the research of the local fauna. So my suggestion is that when you come across a new big or fish, go ahead and donate it, for Blathers and for science.

But if you really don't want to, that's fine too. 😅 Just release them back into the wild... or sell them to Nooks.

Personally I think a completed museum looks really nice.... I spend a lot of time in there because my son loves looking at all the fish, dinosaur bones, and bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back