• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What are your Disappointments you felt in the 2.0 update?

That we can't work for Brewster. I was looking forward to that the most. Going to a cup of coffee is cute and all, but the staying power for Brewster/the Rooster (for me) was working for him and the mini-game of taking the villagers/visitors/special NPCs orders.

That we can't work for Brewster. I was looking forward to that the most. Going to a cup of coffee is cute and all, but the staying power for Brewster/the Rooster (for me) was working for him and the mini-game of taking the villagers/visitors/special NPCs orders.
I'm not meaning to dis that aspect at all
But I do find it funny... or at least strange...
That some like me, find that one of the weakest and most disposable parts of new leaf
And others loved it so much

it would have been great to get a multiplayer island with fun mini games like new leaf had. im so confused why nintendo wouldnt implement this because it would be a good reason for people to continue buying an online subscription. maybe they will change their minds and release another dlc down the road? i dont think its likely, but im so surprised they didnt do this in any form besides the timer. at least we have the timer!

also being able to turn down the music volume so i can hear the pretty sound effects would have been nice, but i wasnt expecting it so not much of a disappointment really

I really love the update but there’s a few things a would have loved. Being able to use the extra playable characters as villagers houses instead. Being able to connect cliffs with bridges without needing a river. Being able to work for Brewster. The Gracie sets back. Being able to lower the music do I can hear the balloons better. Lemons and Mangoes back.

I'm not meaning to dis that aspect at all
But I do find it funny... or at least strange...
That some like me, find that one of the weakest and most disposable parts of new leaf
And others loved it so much
I thought I'd be annoyed that we can't work for Brewster in NH but I'm honestly relieved; working for Brewster was kinda dumb in NL. I just ended up looking up how each character liked their coffee.

- Lack of minigames to play with friends. I still feel that both Kapp'n and Tortimer were implemented poorly. The mystery islands Kapp'n takes you to could've easily been folded into the Dodo Airlines with Orville or Wilbur mentioning strange islands that they see some strange islands while flying sometimes and could take you to them if you're interested. This would free up Kapp'n so he could take you to Club Tortimer where you could play minigames with friends like in New Leaf. The lack of anything of substance to do with friends other than visiting for like five minutes to check each other's shops is a glaring oversight. As it is, Tortimer's inclusion feels absolutely pointless other than making Cyrus more convenient.

- Not being able to work at Brewster's.

- Gyroids returning but only being small, more cutesy designs. I've been a fan of gyroids since the GameCube game and liked the various families and different sizes available. I still like the new gyroids for what they are, but I'm honestly disappointed that the old ones didn't come back and that I can't use them for decoration around the island.

- Not being able to increase the room sizes of our homes further. I'm jealous that the villagers in Happy Home Paradise can have up to two 10x10 rooms, but my houses I paid millions for can only have one big main room, three tiny rooms on the left, right, and in the back, and two awkward rectangles for a second floor and basement. The houses took a massive downgrade in New Horizons and I've had to make sacrifices to my creative visions on multiple occasions because someone thought this was a good idea for some reason.

- Lack of home exterior options compared to New Leaf. I was sort of looking forward to customizing exteriors until I saw that it was still fairly barebones. Also, some of the options feel pointless because they don't match with anything. Like a certain siding won't go with any of the roofs, doors not having the right color to match, that sort of thing.

- No truly stark white hair color option.

- Only some of the furniture returning rather than all. I'm glad that this update brought new stuff and brought some of the old stuff back, but yeah.

On that note:
I have to very much disagree here
Because in new leaf, when you remove all the items that are are in the NH cabinet, or sold by leif, there are only 5 items on sale as well.

Right now we are sold more items than in new leaf even with less shop upgrades.

The only thing we don't have in there is Gracie.
But she only actually sold 4 sets of furniture.
So its not like she added lots of variety.

But yeah, right now, we if you ignore gracie, we have more being sold to us per day than ever before.

If you add gracie, then we are lacking a selection of 4 item sets
Five sets if you include the Card Series she sells in the interim sale period between seasons, as well as her selection of exclusive clothing.

- Gracie not returning and Labelle being pointless after you've done all the fashion checks.

- No shopping cart for Able Sisters' shop. It's a real time waster to keep going in and out of the dressing room. I can sort of see why they do this, so you don't run into storage overflow, but it's such a pain regardless.

- No Toy Hammer.

That's what comes to mind. If I forgot something, I'll make another post.

- Lack of minigames to play with friends. I still feel that both Kapp'n and Tortimer were implemented poorly. The mystery islands Kapp'n takes you to could've easily been folded into the Dodo Airlines with Orville or Wilbur mentioning strange islands that they see some strange islands while flying sometimes and could take you to them if you're interested. This would free up Kapp'n so he could take you to Club Tortimer where you could play minigames with friends like in New Leaf. The lack of anything of substance to do with friends other than visiting for like five minutes to check each other's shops is a glaring oversight. As it is, Tortimer's inclusion feels absolutely pointless other than making Cyrus more convenient.

- Not being able to work at Brewster's.

- Gyroids returning but only being small, more cutesy designs. I've been a fan of gyroids since the GameCube game and liked the various families and different sizes available. I still like the new gyroids for what they are, but I'm honestly disappointed that the old ones didn't come back and that I can't use them for decoration around the island.

- Not being able to increase the room sizes of our homes further. I'm jealous that the villagers in Happy Home Paradise can have up to two 10x10 rooms, but my houses I paid millions for can only have one big main room, three tiny rooms on the left, right, and in the back, and two awkward rectangles for a second floor and basement. The houses took a massive downgrade in New Horizons and I've had to make sacrifices to my creative visions on multiple occasions because someone thought this was a good idea for some reason.

- Lack of home exterior options compared to New Leaf. I was sort of looking forward to customizing exteriors until I saw that it was still fairly barebones. Also, some of the options feel pointless because they don't match with anything. Like a certain siding won't go with any of the roofs, doors not having the right color to match, that sort of thing.

- No truly stark white hair color option.

- Only some of the furniture returning rather than all. I'm glad that this update brought new stuff and brought some of the old stuff back, but yeah.

On that note:

Five sets if you include the Card Series she sells in the interim sale period between seasons, as well as her selection of exclusive clothing.

- Gracie not returning and Labelle being pointless after you've done all the fashion checks.

- No shopping cart for Able Sisters' shop. It's a real time waster to keep going in and out of the dressing room. I can sort of see why they do this, so you don't run into storage overflow, but it's such a pain regardless.

- No Toy Hammer.

That's what comes to mind. If I forgot something, I'll make another post.
I didnt include the clothing because of label and the fact there is so much more clothing at the able sisters and we can buy it daily

But I like to think my point still stands
That other than gracie and her few sets, the shop right now is bigger than ever before so the need for an upgrade only exists in the minds of those who had one before

missing lots of furniture. gimme that moth orchid and country streetlamp

why is there no grocery store and hotel at the happy home paradise ;-; i just want to built a place for shopping

the dialogue in happy home paradise is so bland and no variations. "but the best thing is standing at my yard and looking at the ocean!"
i miss when villagers have silly sayings back home or in happy home designer.

no multiplayer minigames. what should i do on my free time? my favorite is swimming at the hhp island with villagers but its so bland lol :(

(well, i really really love the game still)

Some QOL updates like bulk crafting or a cart at Ables would have been nice, and I'm disappointed to see that there wasn't an upgrade to Nook's Cranny. But I think the biggest letdown for me has to do with the DLC. During the direct, it showed that you were able to expand the amount of square spaces in a room. We can do that, but not to our own homes/villagers' homes. You're telling me that we get to use every. single. perk. we learn in HHP, but NOT the expand room one??? Like, why?! I was so looking forward to editing my rooms to be 8x8 or 10x10, etc. I can't believe it's the one feature we aren't allowed to use on our island homes. It totally sucks... :/

All in all though, I'm really enjoying this update. I haven't been able to put the game down since it came out, so I'm getting a ton of play out of it after slogging through a dry spell of updates a few months ago.

I reset my one island and started over. They've changed the game so that when you unlock the museum, it's immediately the big museum and Blathers accepts art. I don't mind him accepting art but I miss the small, cute, wonderful museum that could so easily double for a mausoleum on a gothic island. :-(

I reset my one island and started over. They've changed the game so that when you unlock the museum, it's immediately the big museum and Blathers accepts art. I don't mind him accepting art but I miss the small, cute, wonderful museum that could so easily double for a mausoleum on a gothic island. :-(
Yeah I realized that myself when I restarted my 2nd island. Seems like a strange change, because before you had to donate more to the museum in order for Blathers to expand the Art Gallery, but they somehow changed that. Kinda ruins the pacing.

My biggest disappointment initially was not having a final Nook store upgrade but then . . .
I unlocked Wardell's shop and that made an upgrade pretty much superfluous.

Now, I would say that it is that the game does not favor giving you recipes you do not have over ones you do. My villagers and bottles still give me a duplicate more than half the time when there are so many recipes I don't have.

Counters are my other gripe. Why are both versions of the counter the wrong height to use in kitchens? Neither match the stove height. Also, they do not have corner pieces.

Edit- How could I forget that the biggest dissapointment is no bulk crafting!

My main disappointments:

No touch screen functionality added for patterns. I really wanted this because I hate using the joy stick and buttons to do it. Especially with the drift. It's a nightmare. Touch screen functionality is already in the game so why is it so limited?

Still cannot store flowers in storage. I don't understand why this isn't allowed.. in New Leaf, you could. And the fact that they now grow like weeds, I feel it's even more necessary to be able to put them away until you need them. Especially since you have to dig them up one by one to move them. It's annoying to have to dig them, move them somewhere, only to have to eventually dig them and move them again when you have to work on parts of your island.

I also wish that universal storage was a thing when travelling to people's islands. ABD is universal, why couldn't they make the storage universal also?

Still no multiplayer games/activities... I must say, when I first saw Kapp'n show up in the direct, I screamed for joy because I thought "They're bringing the island games back!" Only to see that it was just a variation of the mystery tours.. why increase the amount of players to 8 but then also take away any reason to actually have that many people come over?

I'm also a little disappointed that the Roost is in the museum and that the outside of the museum didn't change after upgrading it for the Roost. I also just really wanted more buildings to put on my island. But I totally understand they're probably limited with it, since the islands already lag as it it now.

And kinda a little thing.. but I'm so upset that I have the short pier variation for Kapp'n... Other people have much longer ones that they can actually decorate it better without blocking access to Kapp'n... I just kinda think it's unfair to make that be randomized, especially for people who started from the beginning when we didn't know what the pier was for. Now it's too late for me to restart and I'm just stuck with the short pier.. :(

Also I wanted them to add more bridge/incline types, and more mailbox types. Well.. just more really lol

But with all that said, the stuff they did give us, I adore! I've been living my life inside ACNH lately lol, so even with all my complaints, I still think it's a fantastic game, and one of my favourites that I'll love forever ^_^

Last edited:
- Still no option to change hourly music/adjust music settings
- Still no upgrade to Nook's shop. Kinda just bland. The shop is boring in my opinion without upgrades now.
- Max internal house sizes are still smaller compared to Population Growing (both our home and the villagers)
- Villagers are still kind of repetitive and don't have as much personality compared to previous titles. I miss villagers saying they originally thought I was a freak show lol when they first met me and stuff like that.
- Still no unique Nintendo-themed items like the Arwing and Master Sword which was a tradition for AC up until now for whatever reason
- You can still only have 10 villagers. It would be nice to have even at least 1 extra villager. In Population Growing you could have like 15 or so. I liked having more villagers. It was just a better experience having a large variety of different villagers like in PG.

Still an amazing game tho and the update brought a lot of epic stuff like sick new items and cooking/cropping vegetables. I also love how villagers can come into your home now. Slightly makes up for them having less personality etc compared to previous titles. But just by a little bit. Again I miss them saying they thought I was a freak show when they first met me etcetc like in Population Growing xDD
Cheri lmaoo.jpg

Edit: @UglyMonsterFace Wait some people get longer docks? WHAT? THAT'S NOT FAIR. :( I'M REALLY UPSET ABOUT THIS. One of the things that makes me feel meh about Kapn is that his placement near my dock is just very boring and bland. I bet he looks cooler placed on the longer docks, like Funky Kong chilling in the big tree hut in Donkey Kong Country/Donkey Kong 64. Does anyone have any pictures of the longer dock? Man that's screwedd...

Last edited:
This.
Windmill.png

Where is it? Why hasn't it been brought back? 😭 I designed my whole nl town around the windmill, and was planning it to be a big feature on my acnh island too.
It took me a couple of weeks into launch before I realised it wasn't coming back 🙈

This.
View attachment 414800

Where is it? Why hasn't it been brought back? 😭 I designed my whole nl town around the windmill, and was planning it to be a big feature on my acnh island too.
It took me a couple of weeks into launch before I realised it wasn't coming back 🙈
I miss that too! I'd much rather prefer the old windmill to the new one we got lol

This.
View attachment 414800

I actually had it all planned out in my mind that I’ll put this in my lavender field only to find out the windmill we were getting with 2.0 is the dingy metal one. 🥴

Honestly the biggest disappointment with the update is that I thought it would be more fleshed out, instead I’ve found myself getting bored of it already within a week. It feels like it was a big advertisement to get people to buy the DLC; which I would’ve, except I don’t have the time for it(busy mom life)

Reactions: Bui
Back