What Are You Happy About Today?

Sunday, April 14, 2024
  • Stayed in bed a little later today, as I’ve had less sleep than usual the past few nights.
  • Played Pocket Camp. Took part in 1st ever Fishing Tourney with the lovely C.J! Got a Sakura Toaster and a Sakura Pink Sideboard. Also, found Buck’s lost item. Finally, my new amenity was ready which meant I could extend my friendship with Buck. I got Buck’s photo! Currently at friendship level 27! Ordered another amenity so I can increase my friendship with Kidd should be ready tomorrow.
  • Demolished some cliffs in New Horizons and paid off Lloid for a new incline. Requested ‘Go K.K. Rider’ from K.K. I love that song!
  • Last week I bought Blossom a little summer hat with sunglasses attached to it. I tried to put it on her when I got it, but no luck. She just kept trying to knock it off her head. I tried again today, and she actually didn’t mind it on, well long enough to take some photos of her posing!
Screenshot_20240414_161123_Gallery.jpg

• i went to the mall with the whole family today and did a bit of shopping, got onigiri and iced coffee for lunch :> i got tuna mayo onigiri while my dad and sister got the grilled salmon! they were stuffed to the brim and were realllllly good
  • gonna get laundry out of the way today
  • and i plan on making wonton noodle soup tonight for dinner!
  • plus the weather has been really great today after so many cloudy and rainy days ^u^

There are a few things that made me happy so far 🙂

I’m happy because I received a really kind and supportive message from a friend. I’m extremely grateful to them ☺️.

This might be a bit silly but I’m happy a random that I think I did some ranked splatoon matches with, friended me on the switch. they and the rest of the team pretty much carried me, so I’m a bit puzzled why they’d friend me, but at the same time it makes me happy since I did enjoy playing with them since it was the best teamwork I’ve seen so far. I’m nervous though about disappointing them 😅 if they do shoot me an invite to play and i don’t carry my weight.

I’m happy that overall, the teamwork I’ve seen seems much better in this game than it did for Overwatch (and probably also WoW unless pvping with guild and/or friends). I’m usually not a fan of multiplayer partially because of issues with teamwork (like in Overwatch being the only one defending when everyone goes on the offensive and then people getting toxic).

I think I have found two more weapons that I like using in the game; one I’m starting to better with and the other I just bought and tried out last night. 🙂

Jewels has the cutest facial expressions. I’m a little concerned this might become more negative, but atm I can’t help it is cute how she follows me around and watches me even if she was sleeping a moment ago, if she hears me talking to Spanky or my mom. She loves her sister but she definitely wants to be the only one getting attention 😅.

The weather is getting nice and that means one thing: taking my kitties out in the cat stroller! My mom is having my youngest niece over I think wednesday so we might go for a walk then. She’ll be pushing my niece in a stroller and I’ll be pushing the kitty stroller 😺.

My mom is making some corn muffins right now; I love corn muffins/bread.

Saw the latest One Piece episode with my family this morning (just a recap episode this time, but hey) and another of SmallishBeans’ Hermitcraft series with them this evening!

I finished the restaurant in Happy Home Paradise! Still got the cafe to do but the restaurant was enough for me today.

I played Fashion Dreamer again too! whenever I’m in online mode I always manage to spend more e-points making items for people than I actually earn akfjfkldsjklf

I'm really happy that I had another relaxing day off and got to sleep in, and talk to the people I love a lot. Also, apparently the Dallas Mavericks will be playing the Los Angeles Clippers in the first round of the NBA playoffs, and, while it's not confirmed yet I don't think, the Dallas Stars will most likely be playing the Las Vegas Golden Knights in the first round of the NHL playoffs. Regardless of how the postseason goes, I'm extremely proud of both of these teams this year. I'm not expecting either to win a championship this time around, but the playoffs will be exciting nonetheless. 💚

This weekend I posted it the bother thread about not being able to see the temple during sakura. But today we went anyway, we took an uber so I didn't have to walk to much so I wouldn't put too much pressure on my back.

And there was still some sakura!! Full bloom was over, but there were falling leaves which was also incredibly pretty! Plus this week there's a little antique market too, so that was an added bonus! I got myself some small bells, and there turned out to be little stones from the grounds in them, so a perfect remembrance from the temple!

I feel so lucky today 🙏😭
I could finally say goodbye to the temple properly 🌸

20240415_131733.jpg

20240415_131747.jpg

20240415_131646.jpg

20240415_131630.jpg

20240415_131722.jpg

- Managed to get through my 7am - 1:30pm shift at work today...somehow. I hate early shifts, I always end up existing on like 2 hours of sleep. Luckily don't have anymore early starts for a while because I swapped shifts with a colleague for saturday! :)

- It was nice to go home during the day though...When I got home I had a bath then made some chilli cheese fries, ate my fave cream hot cross bun from the supermarket bakery, and had a coffee w/ biscuits 🥰 So overall a delicious food day. I figured I could treat myself since my period started right before work today 😂☠️

- I successfully booked a travel vaccination appointment for me and my mum, so I'm happy we'll have them done in time for september 👍

The store that's conveniently located in the same plaza as my job has my favorite orange cream soda. I haven't even seen this soda at any stores lately, and if it is, they don't carry this specific flavor. I'm glad this store recently decided to carry this product because it's the best orange soda I've personally had.
Ignore the fact that I am wearing swim trunks right now.
IMG_5210.jpeg
I curated a playlist I'm really proud of. The songs basically tell a story even if none of the songs are by the same artist. Each song perfectly flows right into the other. It isn't that long of a playlist, but this specific one isn't meant to be long. It's the perfect length for what it is and explains exactly what it needs to.
I realized that TBTWC is happening in just a little over a month. I'll be able to participate more than just the team cheers this time around, so I'm looking forward to it!
I have off tomorrow, and then a double shift on Wednesday! I prefer morning shifts, but I'll take a double over just a close. Additionally, I have Thursday off.

It’s been a great start to vacation. We left this morning and Aurora did great in the car. It’s the longest car ride she has had. It was four hours stopping halfway for lunch and for Aurora to stretch her legs. The place we are staying at has a nice dog park . Aurora already made a friend.
IMG_5554.jpeg

IMG_5556.jpeg

IMG_5560.jpeg
IMG_5565.jpeg
IMG_5581.jpeg

Some merch I bought yesterday. I picked up two dumbo elephants (one for me, another for my mom). Also picked up an emolga from Pokemon.

Actually I wasn't planning on buying an emolga. I was trying to get away from a group of mean teenagers at the mall and ended up in a GameStop. Then I ended up deciding to buy something. It's my first time getting Pokemon Merch haha. Funny how it worked out. I absolutely adore the little thing.

Screenshot 2024-04-15 8.23.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-15 8.23.13 PM.png

I built the cafe in Happy Home Paradise! Also played Fashion Dreamer’s solo mode for a while to try to level up some NPCs and collect more of the default colors of items. Seeking Zeke made one brief appearance and I feel like the game is just taunting me at this point LOL

My mom and I got to see Markiplier’s final video of A Difficult Game About Climbing! I’m always a little sad when a fun series ends ahaha, but we got some good laughs out of it. My parents and I also caught up with SmallishBeans’ Hermitcraft series this evening!

Today was a fantastic start to the week! 😁

- Got up early around 7 a.m. and played some video games before starting work. 💤

- Was productive at work and finished something I was working on. 📊

- Went to martial arts and learned some new techniques in preparation for advancing in belt rank soon! 🥋

- Came home and had the most DELICIOUS tacos with ingredients from a new BBQ place that opened up nearby. 😋

- Fed my kitties their special food. My favorite meowed loudly at me as if she wanted it ages ago. 😹

- The Texas Rangers blanked the Detroit Tigers 1-0 to stay in the lead for the AL West! ⚾ 🔥

- Looking forward to chilling with some more video games for a bit tonight. 🎮

Today I'm happy because my dog's dental cleaning is done and he's back home. I was very stressed about it because he has separation anxiety and it was the first time I'd be leaving him at the vet's all day. He was definitely upset and stayed wary of us for a few hours after we got home, but now he's acting much more like his normal self.

It was an ordeal for him and for me, but it needed to be done. Now that it's over I feel a huge sense of relief.

I’m going to be happy about this all week, just a warning. Some of you might remember the Bruce Springsteen concert I was supposed to go to in March 2023, then in September 2023 two days before my birthday…IT IS THIS SUNDAY. I cannot wait! I’ve been dreaming about it every night, had songs stuck in my head, I can’t wait!

Screenshot 2024-04-16 8.42.45 AM.png

I looked through old messages and found this from my grandmother. She passed away 11 months later.

I thought it was cute, and honestly, I'm glad messages can have such long term sustainability. It doesn't get mentioned often, but I find them to be just as important as photography when it comes to capturing memories of the past.

My band trip was nearly cancelled (stupid Canadian weather), but we are still going ahead with it!

I have a show next week and another one a few days after. I’m going to be running on caffeine and three hours of sleep for a while…

Episode one of a project I'm working on is almost ready!

Back