What are some of the life lessons you learned from playing New Horizons?

I know I am going to get a lot of hate for this, but this game taught me not to expect so much out of the game. I came into this thinking there would be so many things that the other games had and was really disappointed. I still am now, but I've just grown to accept it. I still enjoy the game and check in occasionally, but sometimes I just log off without doing anything progressive/saving.

Thankfully I still have one old time friend who still plays NH regularly like me. So it's nice when we both visit islands and just chill. I wish my other friends hadn't abandoned the game so early on when the pandemic was going strong and I was being overworked with double shifts and couldn't find the time to play let alone get the rest I needed/deserved.

I actually had a dream last night where gyroids were revealed and you had to use clay to craft them for diy instead of finding them after a rainstorm. I still am hoping for different updates, but it's more of a that would be cool moment and less of something I expect or even believe is coming anymore.

I kind of already had some of the other lessons others have mentioned due to the other games. Like with NewLeaf everyone was map resetting like crazy for ponds, less rocks, ect and plot resetting villagers in the right spot. They'd end up burning themselves out. So I just never bothered to engage with that scene. So when NH became the rat race for the 'perfect island' and it took over social media I just ignored it completely. I think it was even stronger than NL's was because people had so much more freedom and that overloaded them.

Back