• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What am I doing wrong with the PWP method?

Neriifur

I don't like TBT
Bells
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
I'm frustrated with this. ><

Okay so a few weeks back I was interested in getting more PWPs and I found this cool method where you stand idle for 5-10 minutes in an isolated spot (swim out to the corner of the ocean, stand in your house, stand out on main street). So first day I'm thinking, okay cool I'll try it! I swim out to the corner of the ocean, come back, someone pings me for a catch phrase, swim back out, come back, no one pings me, 3rd time I do it, I come back, I get a PWP request. I actually did it again the next day and the first person I came across this time gave me a ping. Usually it's not the first person, so that was nice...

and that was it.

It never worked again. I've tried idling in my house for 5-10 minutes, tried doing it at the corner of the ocean, just well anywhere, no pings ever. I didn't change the way I did this either.

I was thinking that maybe the villagers are taking longer to ping me for some reason.. Well I try the method for an hour straight without a single ping, yeah so I just give up.

The last time it worked was 3 weeks ago. Every since then this method has not worked at all.

I seem to get pings more often when I'm not even trying, like if I deliver a package or something to someone's house, someone will ping me along the way. I get one PWP maybe a week.

Occasionally you have to talk to someone and they'll give you the "You look tired" dialogue before they'll start pinging you again.

Standing in your house wont help, at least it never helped in my case. Standing on the beach didn't do anything either. For me only swimming for 5 whole minutes helps. And yes, when you played too long and need a pause(whatever), they won't ping you!

This might not need to be said, but are you good enough friends with your villagers? I found that if you haven't been talking to them much or helping them out with things, they are less likely to ping you, sometimes never, depending on your friendship level.

Is your inventory full of seashells?

Nah it's full of bells bags. That's what works best for the PWP method, or at least that's what I've been told several times and what was making it work at the beginning. I'm just guessing it doesn't matter what's in your inventory as long as you don't have space.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This might not need to be said, but are you good enough friends with your villagers? I found that if you haven't been talking to them much or helping them out with things, they are less likely to ping you, sometimes never, depending on your friendship level.

I'm such good friends all of them show up at my house randomly and send me random letters.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Standing in your house wont help, at least it never helped in my case. Standing on the beach didn't do anything either. For me only swimming for 5 whole minutes helps. And yes, when you played too long and need a pause(whatever), they won't ping you!

Swimming was the thing that used to work, but it doesn't work anymore for me. Usually when I start this method I turn my 3DS on for the first time during the day.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Occasionally you have to talk to someone and they'll give you the "You look tired" dialogue before they'll start pinging you again.

Well generally I haven't been playing that long for them to even want to give me that dialogue :c

Last edited:
Back