• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Was I just lucky?

Jaz

Bells
Red Candy
i was holding a villager a person here on tbt. it was the 7th of july in my game (sorry I time travel), and olivia (the villager) was expected to leave the next day as she was in boxes on that day. I booted the game a bit too late though: 8 july 2012, at 6:53 am, and i was at first devastated. i made one final attempt to save olivia from the void; i tt'd back a day, back to july 7 at around the same time of the day, and to my surprise: olivia was still there. her plot was there at least --as she was still asleep. i was utterly shocked, as i thought that tt'ing one day before was considered as tt'ing a day ahead. but she's still there. is this normal and that i just talking like a total idiot? or have i discovered something new that was worth the read? ;w;​

Yeah, some things stay frozen in time when you go back. If you plant a tree and go back it will still be a sapling, for example. I guess villagers in boxes also applies, but I never knew that either.

I didn't know that either. I once TT'd a day back and then TT'd to a villager's moving date and they were already gone (I didn't realise that TT'ing backward would count as 1 day and didn't think that it would alter their moving date to a day earlier). Of course, having read some guides later I found out that it does.
So just to make sure I understand, are you saying that if a villager is in boxes, and you TT a day back, they will still be in boxes?

Oh, that's good to know esp. if you're holding a villager for someone. :)
Thanks for letting us know.

Back