Visiting people's islands is tedious

Tobyjgv

(❁´◡`❁)
Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Mother's Day Carnation
Zipper Sakura
Spring Sakura
hi, guys, ~~ this is just something that has been bothering me for a while, I feel like the process of visiting someone's island can be very tedious and slow. For example, whenever someone is traveling over, you all have to go through that long loading screen and wait for them to get there before you can resume playing. Also, when people are leaving it feels a bit unnecessary to get that message telling you to stop talking, so you can just see another cutscene of them leaving.

i wish you were able to enter someone's island without all of those cutscenes, but also be able to do tasks while people are flying over or leaving.

anyways, it's not the end of the world, I just wonder if there's any way that they could have made this process easier or smoother, it's just one of those things that can be annoying from time to time.

hope you all have a great day! <3

My biggest gripe along with all the menus and cutscenes have to be that local is the first option to pick then online. As someone actively trading with my friends and on the forum, I can't remember how many times I've accidentally chose local instead of online when I want to fly to another island. And then going through all of the menus again....

Last edited:
Yeah I visited someone who publicly posted their dodo code (which is fine if they like doing that) but it took me 3 minutes to get there and then literally every few seconds I would have to stop walking because someone else was entering. It took me 10 minutes to politely leave through the airport. Not worth it. Quite frustrating actually. But again, it was nice of the person to let me visit in the first place.

The extensive dialogue is what bothers me more than the cut scenes... even tho they feel so very long this game.

I feel the same way. I understand making everyone pause to let someone leave to be sure it saves properly, but is it necessary to take what feels like 5 mins per person? :c Idk, like when theres the scenes of you flying over the person's island or flying over your own island on the way back, it just seems unnecessary but idk

hi, guys, ~~ this is just something that has been bothering me for a while, I feel like the process of visiting someone's island can be very tedious and slow. For example, whenever someone is traveling over, you all have to go through that long loading screen and wait for them to get there before you can resume playing. Also, when people are leaving it feels a bit unnecessary to get that message telling you to stop talking, so you can just see another cutscene of them leaving.

i wish you were able to enter someone's island without all of those cutscenes, but also be able to do tasks while people are flying over or leaving.

anyways, it's not the end of the world, I just wonder if there's any way that they could have made this process easier or smoother, it's just one of those things that can be annoying from time to time.

hope you all have a great day! <3
Agreed completely. But can we also talk about the extremely long dialogue we have to go through to prepare a dodo code for people? That kills me. The worst part is when I choose the wrong option near the end of the dialogue and have to do it ALL OVER again.

It is tedious. Can't argue with that.

However, it's not really an optional type of thing. I'm pretty sure the game needs to load in and load out the visiting player. Showing you the arrival and departure is simply a "cute" way to do that. I don't really see it as an additional "unnecessary step"...it's just a coat of paint on a mechanic that needs to be there.

It's kinda always been like this but tbh that doesn't mean it should be--I'm sure there must be SOME way to streamline it, I feel like even New Leaf was faster lol. They could at the very least, very easily clean up all the stupid dialogue trees you have to go through. Yes I wanna visit someone, no I don't wanna use my damn ticket, yes I wanna use online, etc etc, god WHY do I have to even click through this many options? It just makes me hate Wilbur or Orville or whichever dodo it is (sorry but it's really telling that I can't even remember because his only personality is to robotically spout this same dialogue tree 200 times), I swear Porter is easier to talk to than this, can he come back instead? Sorry for the rant but... yeah... the little fly-by view of someone's island is cute the first 5 times or so but now it's just tedious and annoying. Especially for the fact that they advertised multiplayer quite a bit and upped it to 8 people at a time as the max, the multiplayer in NH overall seems... not very smooth or well thought out.

It is tedious. Can't argue with that.

However, it's not really an optional type of thing. I'm pretty sure the game needs to load in and load out the visiting player. Showing you the arrival and departure is simply a "cute" way to do that. I don't really see it as an additional "unnecessary step"...it's just a coat of paint on a mechanic that needs to be there.
The game doesn't have to show us the cutscene. They could've made it load the assets for the joining player and have them alone watch a loading screen to get in. The result would be the visiting player just drops into your game with an announcement that they're here without you having to close menus or watch a cutscene. Lots of other games, but specifically other Switch games also do this. This is a stylistic choice on their part to show the lengthy cutscene, for better or worse.

Personally, I like the flying cutscene though. My problem is the lengthy dialogue to actually select local/online/dodo code/friend/best friend/are you sure thing. That's just...

Its tedious only because you cant change options quickly without going through the entire menu again.

Also, arent you always connected to the internet in this game? Unless you dont have wifi near you of course. So why do you need to connect to the internet every single time you want to fly somewhere?

Also, arent you always connected to the internet in this game? Unless you dont have wifi near you of course. So why do you need to connect to the internet every single time you want to fly somewhere?

The game might "talk" with the server for things like updates. But, you would still need to connect in order to play online. Especially considering it would need to verify that you have a Nintendo Online account. There are some games out there that are "always online"...and they are pretty frustrating, tbh...because, you can't even play single player if the server is down for some reason. We would never want that in Animal Crossing.

It's not Animal Crossing's fault. It's Nintendo game's fault. Nintendo likes menus. Lots and lots of menus.

It can take awhile. I like the people that only all oil w a few at a time. Although that can take some waiting too. I missed one because of a backup. Still it is fun getting recipes I don't have.

Back