Visit My Dream Town & Leave Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

notorioustommyp

Bells
Feedback
100% (93) +
This post is a little long but I encourage you to read through it to get a better understanding of my town, it won't take too long, thanks in advance!

Okay, so after a huge time traveling phase I think I now finally have my town complete. As such, I've updated my dream. So now I'd love for people to go through my entire town (all terrain, including the beach, inside both resident's houses in all rooms, and all museum exhibits). The dream address is located at the end of this post. I can take critism as well as compliments, so just be honest of what you think, that's what I want.

A few things to note before visiting:

*I have the dream setting to autumn at dusk.
I picked a November evening because I just think it looks cool. I change the grass design to match the appropriate seasons. The sweet olive bushes around the Stonehenge are in full bloom and go well with the setting.

*None of the villagers in the dream are my real town villagers.
Before I time travel back to real date/time (and stop time traveling and just enjoy the game's flow) I'll be scanning in all my dreamies with their amiibo cards. I have 7 out of the 10 I want. I updated the dream first in case something gets messed up in that process. The houses are all in the correct spots, so when my dreamies are moved in, the house locations won't change. Blue roses by a house indicates a male character, while a pink rose will indicate a female villager (with the exception of Ganon's reserved plot, in the top-left corner).

*I like a simple, but well put together, look.
While I respect and admire (and even sometimes get jealous of) people's complex towns and paths, with most (if not all) space filled in, that's not the look I'm going for. One of my friends on here said I have the look of some far away lost land. She gave me a few suggestions to keep that look and tie it more together at the same time. (This is my original town, worked on over the years since the game's release, updated along the way. It wasn't until just recently I started playing with others online here at the forum.)

*I have a very strong Zelda influence/refrence in my town.
You'll notice that when you go through my town, please make sure to check out the museum exhibits. Each of the four Zelda characters have their house plots identified with the Hyrule symbol by the mailbox. Ganon will be in the upper left of town, Epona in the center of town, Medli below the campsite, and Wolf Link in the bottom-right of town. (The regular villagers... Bonbon, Gloria, Hans, Lionel, Maple, and Tom will be moved in over the other villager's spots, each with a designated spot.)

OK, here's my dream address, thanks to anyone who read through this, and thanks In advance to anyone who visits my dream!

St. Tom's Dream Address: 4B00-0022-3409

Last edited:
Wow Tom, you really did a lot of work since last time I visited your town! Good job!
Your town looks great in autumn.
I like how you put the bushes here and there, organized but not too many of them, to maintain that dinstinct St. Tom's style that makes your town unique. Your town is civilized (modern train station and bridges), but at the same time wild and natural. It's cool that despite you organized all the bushes and flowers, it still gives the feeling of an old town lost in that far away land I was talking about at my first visit. The time almost stopped, I can feel the chill autumn air, and scent of burning woods at the fire pit.
It's a forest where ancient spirits used to live.
And while other people's towns, usually, give me the feeling of very lively, busy towns, yours gives me the feel of a place where villagers and characters don't go give confidence or walk around much, keeping to themselves. I would imagine healers and wizards living there. And maybe sometimes they go away for months, traveling. The town looks like a solitary peaceful place, but it's like there is always someone taking care of it even when no one is there.
Houses are well put together too, there's the eternal child at heart, Azure, with her pastel colorful world. Almost reminds me of a kid that was playing a videogame in her house and one day she managed to enter that magic pixelated world, and now she's trapped in a dream!
Tommy has a rich home, he sure has a comfortable life in St.Tom! I hope you don't mind that while visiting , I ate the pumpkin pie i found on the kitchen's table !
Now I just need a cup of hot chocolate :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

https://i.imgur.com/jpojYlb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4A1ngJa.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qREQcQ4.jpg

thank you for the kind review Candyapple, I'll PM you later....

bump, would love to hear more reviews!

I'll check it out

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's ok...
There are much MUCH nicer water designs than the ones your using
The way you placed your paths is gross.
-you shouldn't place them diagonally (around rivers and cliffs) EVER unless it's with bushes or checkers
-like around your pwps and trees, that looks bad
-Especially around the top left
You have too much path
people should really mix their flowers up or they look bad (pansies look nice though)
you don't have to use the island plants cuz they look gross (other than lemons and bananas)
you really don't know how to use bushes

Last edited:
I'll check it out

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's ok...
There are much MUCH nicer water designs than the ones your using
The way you placed your paths is gross.
-you shouldn't place them diagonally (around rivers and cliffs) EVER unless it's with bushes or checkers
-like around your pwps and trees, that looks bad
-Especially around the top left
You have too much path
people should really mix their flowers up or they look bad (pansies look nice though)
you don't have to use the island plants cuz they look gross (other than lemons and bananas)
you really don't know how to use bushes

thank you for your comments, while I have gotten compliments on my town, it's nice to hear other people's perspectives, I don't feel the need to further justify why I have things set up the way I do since it all comes down to opinions. I appreciate you taking the time to visit.

Awesome i will check it out when i get on later and i will let you know when i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back