Villagers you wouldn't have searched for, but are now permanent residents?

Blanche! I was originally planning on searching for Judy as my permanent snooty but I found blanche and she's too cute! her design is so simple yet elegant lol wont be searching for judy anymoreee

I can name a few.
I wasnt looking for Olivia at all, just became the last kitty that popped out in my last nmt run while looking for cute villagers, wasnt looking for anyone specifically and Olivia wasnt specifically cute for me but damn did she grow on me throughout the game, she is like the singer oneesan chara in my island, funny enough Marshal always tries flirting with her out of all my 7 female villagers haha.

Another is Marshal, I didnt even know he was popular, I just liked how he looked, at first I actually thought he was a ‘’she’’ so he has some early girl clothes... I only found out he was a guy when he and Olivia were talking and he was mentioning what role he should play in their supposed play as Olivia the princess, choices was prince and villager b iirc, I then checked the wikia and it said Marshal was a guy lol, the amount of mind screw I got from that.

Stitches is yet another one, he was one of my early villagers which is why he had a beginner house interior at first, I just found how colorful and full of patches he was really awesome! Plus he was the very first villager that did a 4th wallbreak on me.. he said a story about them being inside the game which made me laugh so damn hard.

So basically.. these 3 that I was never really looking for but got will NEVER EVER leave my island! They are stuck with me forever wether they like to or not.

Flora and Julia. I probably never would have pursued either were I villager-hunting, but I randomly got both of them before I really understood how the game works, and I couldn't be happier to have them.

tangy is mine, she doesn't fit my color scheme but I'm so attached to her now!! I love how she goes cross eyed when she looks at stuff on the ground, and she sings a lot, she's so dang cute

tangy and bob are mine. they're both from early on in the game when you're inviting 3 more villagers to move in, and i didn't expect to love them as much as i do now. tangy mostly fits my island aesthetic, but i love her nonetheless. bob i was super excited to see, despite not looking for him, and now i'm never gonna let him go.

I'm normally not interested in jock villagers but Tank is so adorable and sweet. I feel like I'll let him leave the island at some point but for now I enjoy having him around. I love that he has a leaf for hair.

Coco and Willow. Never cared for them both (never had them in previous games) but now that theyre here I've grown to love them a lot!

literally ALL my villagers are like this. only a few i’ve directly bought. when i went island hunting, it was never for a specific villager.. other than judy, but i never found her! skye, kyle, marina, julia & kidd i all found randomly on islands and couldn’t bear to leave them lol. roald was my first starter and he grew on me!!! and nate too lots of ppl find him ugly but HES SO CUTE WITH HIS BIG GREEN EYEBROWS PLSSS

I mean, when I got NH I wasn’t planning on hunting for Audie, but as soon as my sister saw her on a mystery island we had to have her. She’s the only one of our original five left.

Pango -- I got her from an island hop very early on in the game with the mindset that I'd just keep her as she would be better than a random move in, but she's grown on me so much :' ) her sassy side eye kills me

Stella and Tybalt. I thought Stella was cute and for some reason Tybalt's eyebrows added to the charm of his character. I didn't really have particular villagers in mind so I took in who I thought was interesting and to give other villagers a chance.

Rudy. Got him because I needed a new jock and he seemed less annoying than my previous jocks (Kevin and Rory). It was instant love as soon as I saw him running around my island!

Dom and Sherb for me. I found Dom in the islands while looking for a smug, I was getting frustrated and he looked cute. Best decision ever - he's now one of my favorite villagers.
Sherb was my first camper (after the obligatory smug), and I just couldn't pass the opportuninty~ even if I had 2 other lazies at the time. Now, he's the only lazy villager since the other 2 have moved out. :)

Flora is among my first five. I had planned on moving her out because I fell in love with another ostrich - Gladys. But since then, Flora has asked to move out twice, and I couldn't say no to her either time.

She breaks my heart whenever I see her airplaning around the island. I feel so guilty thinking that I almost wanted to get rid of her.

I had plans for specific areas on my island - based on fairy tales. I then got Hazel as a starter. I've always thought she was sooo cute (my fav already has a unibrow so I don't mind them *at all*) and seeing her, I was conflicted on keeping her. Then, I got Hornsby off of a mystery island as a temp, but... I HAVE TO KEEP HIM. THAT IS BABY BOY. So instead of a lion and a mouse, I'm using Hornsby for a Shel Silverstien book about rhinos - yes, I googled itknsdfkjaf. Hazel will represent the squirrels in a lot of princess stories, but primarily Snow White!

Ec2WJ5GUMAAcdbU.jpg

EdBQon5UMAMh9zO.jpg

Apollo. I love Whitney. She's my all time favorite villager so it seems automatic that I would feel the same way with her "partner", but I did not like him in NL. His design was boring. I always wanted Fang/Wolfgang/Chief as my cranky., but NH changed my mind about him. He looks way more interesting and his design is a bit more detailed in this game. Oh, and I also realized that he fits the cranky personality really well. He's like that a dad that will protect you no matter what.

Back