Villagers you wouldn't have searched for, but are now permanent residents?

HOPKINS OH MY LORD

in my original island I found him in a nmt island and was desperate

he is now my favorite.
Hopkins. I never knew about him and someone made an ugly list and threw Hopkins on there. I was so upset that they put that cute rabbit on an ugly list. :( Then my brother saw him on a Nook Miles Island and I told my brother to have him move in. So now he's a permanent resident.
*grabs axe*
point me in the direction of the unholy list 😡

Hopkins best villager.

Sherb. As a rule, I think goat villagers are not cute, and I actually passed up Sherb on a mystery island previously for that reason. However, I got him as a random camper, and up close, I actually thought he looked alright and I was desperate to move out a specific villager. So I thought, "I'll just ask him once, and if he chooses Peaches to replace, I'll keep him." Sure enough, he asked to kick Peaches out, so I said yes.

He's ended up being my favorite lazy by a MILE. He seems much more talkative and has different dialogue from the other three lazies I've had. Whereas Spork, Cranston, and Zucker all talk(ed) about the same things, Sherb often has new dialogue that I've never seen before. Plus, the way he looks has really grown on me. I thought I would be keeping Cranston or Zucker, but now I'm planning to let both of them move out.

I might try adopting Beau just to see if he's as good as Sherb, but if not, I'll definitely be keeping Sherb permanently.

Sylvana. I never actually saw her until island hopping in New Horizons. Decided to keep her... maybe for a little while but she grew on me so she is there to stay permanently. Sorry Tangy.

Probably Croque, I had him in campsite one day and I needed to kick out Diana and I needed a cranky so he's been vibin ever since. Unless he asks which I doubt to move he will most likely stay even though he got the exterior glitch lol.

tom, found him randomly on a nmt island and got him cos i love cats. Fast foward and i fully love him, he has the cutest facial expressions and is such a softie :)

Raddle for me. It was within the first week of game release and around the time lockdown had just begun. I saw this frog in a doctor's coat wearing a mask - I couldn't not take him!! I am so attached to him now!

Tabby! She was the first cat I ever ran into and I had no idea of her existence before. She's such a weird little kitten, I love her 🖤
Also Groucho. My initial thought was: "O no, a bear. I don't think I like bears." Then he turned around and I loved his face and when I approached him, I realized how fluffy the texture of his fur makes him look.

Chrissy and Francine. I hadn’t previously been much a fan of the bunny sisters but I came across Francine and ended up taking her because I was low on NMT and needed a snooty. I ended up getting pretty attached to her, and as luck would have it, I ran into Chrissy early on in my next villager hunt. I didn’t want two of the same species but it felt too much like fate that I came across her so soon after Francine!
They have cute houses next to each other and I can’t bear to part with them now.

HOPKINS OH MY LORD

in my original island I found him in a nmt island and was desperate

he is now my favorite.

*grabs axe*
point me in the direction of the unholy list 😡

Hopkins best villager.
I don't know where it is. I saw it around the time the game came out.
Post automatically merged:

inflatable bunny!!! def.

for me it was julia and she started my chocobo farm. one measly ostrich made me change my whole line.
Yeah, the fact that he had something unique about him made him even better to me. Which ostrich did you find?

Hamphrey! I got him on a mystery island and he was my first cranky. He's so nice to have around I thought it'd be fine to have two crankies for a while and invited Bruce - I didn't like him at all! So now Hamphrey will have to stay forever.

Just now I got Olaf. I think he’s interesting, and he will stay until he decides on leaving.
Same can be said about Vivian, who has grown on me when I first saw her is my game.

gonzo. grabbed his amiibo kinda on a whim to kick out someone else, and i grew to love him almost immediately. he's always hanging out with someone, always saying cute things... love him 🥺

Kody (starter),
Beau, Midge (NMTs at the start to progress quickly)
Julian (forced smug)
Vivian (random move-in)

I'm lucky that I got the NMT villagers quickly because I love them now when I felt neutral for them in past games.
I've never seen Vivian before but she's on par with the other snooty wolves for me.
I've never had Kody before either, but since he's a starter and not too bad a jock he's staying.
I didn't like Julian at first but now I can't let him go...

My villager list is very different to NL where I got most of my wanted villagers, but I'm very happy with them!

Def hazel. She has red hair, a unibrow, and pink cheeks, which isn't a great combination. But she was one of my first villagers, so she grew on me before I had the chance to kick her out hEH.

Back