Villagers you wouldn't have searched for, but are now permanent residents?

Judy lmao I randomly found her and was going to give her away and now I love her!
I also got Snake when I was looking for Chester and couldn't pass him up so now he is a permanent resident too. Sly and Flora I got in the beginning of the game on mystery islands when I wasn't searching for anyone in particular

honestly... Judy
She showed up as a random in my camp site and I figured ok grab her and then send her along since so many people want her, but I ended up really liking her and she fit in way better in the spot she's in than the villager she booted o_o

runners up from past games (since my list is pretty well set for the two islands I have right now)
Amelia
Tank
Rocco
Beardo
Frank

Coach. I mean, right now I'm not planning on having any real "permanent" residents, but I'm keeping him AT LEAST until I get his picture. When I first saw him on an island I was like "eww, ugly bull" but then I looked closer and thought he was actually rather cute. He's also the only non-cranky/lazy bull, which is neat. At first I grabbed him 'cause I needed a jock... but he's really grown on me. Now I have this story in my head that he's a retired sports coach, but he's such a jock at heart, even on this island he can't help being super active and encouraging everyone else to be, too!

I recently moved his house and redid his yard and I LOVE it. I used the tire toys as accents and tossed a pile of tires on a dirt patch. I imagine that's his new, innovative workout routine- he just drags the tires back and forth. I mean, his interior is FULL of workout equipment. I felt he needed something more avant garde outside! It's all done in bright, primary colors, too, and looks great with his house and the area it's located. I'll upload a pic soon.

EDIT: Here's the pic!

QxQuXwi.png

I tried to get Coach in the shot, but he's too busy with the Bug-Off 😛

Last edited:
Bam was one of my wife and I's shared islanders in our first game before we reset and I grew super attached to him to the point
where I island hopped exclusively for him. <3
Don't regret it at all.

Pashmina was also an unexpected surprise for me! <3 I was searching for Fuchsia and she popped up instead and I instantly fell in love with her design!

Mine is definitely Marina.
I got her at the beginning of the game and I thought, "Why not take her?"
Since then, she has been so adorable and she sings all the time. I love her so much and she is NEVER leaving.

Octavian. At the beginning I was really set on a certain ~aesthetic~ but I love the design of the octopuses (octopi? w/e) so when I had a free spot I was like eh, might as well. Better than a random move in, need a cranky for DIYs, I'll just get his photo then he can go...... it didn't even take a day for me to decide he's never leaving. He has a heart of gold under that grumpy exterior I swear ;~; and overall I just find him hilarious

I had my eyes on Rodeo and Coach. But when Stu more or less fell into my lap in a trading group, I couldn't say no. Partially because Stu is my adoptive father's name, and like my second dad, he loves bugs! Though said dad is more about bugs made of 1s and 0s, but bugs all the same. But now Coach and Stu are bestest buddies (I even got them married on Harv's Island!) and I couldn't imagine a Carolina without Stu ever again.

I even made sure to put him in (the in-game equivalent of) a South Carolina away football jersey, just to seal the deal. Adoptive dad AND adoptive Mom both approve!

Attachments

• StuInJersey.jpg
    StuInJersey.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 5
Vivian and Peanut. Two of my faves! I can't imagine the game if they hadn't been on my mystery islands

found Tangy on my very last nmt while searching for Punchy. i took her with me cus she was cute but i didn’t plan on keeping her cus i already had Audie but now she’s never allowed to leave

Raymond. I would never purposely go island hunting for him but I was trying to scan Amelia card in but it didn't work cause she was in my move in queue. I let the next random voided villager move in hoping that it was her and it was an ungifted Raymond.

Surprisingly Renee...

I generally don't like uchi villagers, and up to that point, had all but Muffy, Canberra and Renee at some point in my AC career. I randomly took in Renee, because it didn't matter as I didn't expect to like any of the remaining 3, but she surprised me.
Her dialogue is nicer than most uchis, so she doesn't come off as being a huge piece of garbage.

Unless Muffy or Canberra pull something outta the bag, Renee will be my permanent uchi villager in any AC game.

Definitely Diana. She was a random move in, and I had no intentions on keeping her. But as I started talking to her the more I enjoyed her company, and now I don't think I could get rid of her. I didn't really acknowledge her popularity until later, but that doesn't really change anything for me now.

For me, it was Lucha! He was the one villager that moved in without me inviting him from the campsite or a mystery island, so I didn't expect to feel all that connected since I already had another smug I was keeping. I wasn't in a rush or anything, but I knew I was going to eventually cycle him out for another personality type.
However, over a few weeks of chatting and learning about him. I realized he's such a cool bird, and he didn't deserve to be voided like I had planned. So I looked up threads and popularity lists to see if I could find him a loving home somewhere nice. But to my dismay, a lot of people didn't like his mask and only posted happy things when they were finally rid of him, it broke my heart...and I feared that if I gave Lucha to someone, they would eventually decide he wasn't good enough as other smug villagers and would void him. So, I told Lucha not to move, and now he has lived on my island for 3 solid months and will always have a safe and happy home on Kallui!
Post automatically merged:

Octavian. At the beginning I was really set on a certain ~aesthetic~ but I love the design of the octopuses (octopi? w/e) so when I had a free spot I was like eh, might as well. Better than a random move in, need a cranky for DIYs, I'll just get his photo then he can go...... it didn't even take a day for me to decide he's never leaving. He has a heart of gold under that grumpy exterior I swear ;~; and overall I just find him hilarious
He really does have a heart of gold! Octavian is like the best grandpa you could EVER ask for. I love that octopus

Last edited:
Rudy was my starter villager and when I first saw the back of his head when I landed on my island from the plane, I was thinking how my starters could have been worse (I restarted a couple times and decided to settle with them in spite not really wanting either) but that I still wanted to get them to move out. I ended up giving him tons of random gifts too, but he rather quickly grew on me and I regretted messing up his house (even though I didn’t like his starter house). Even on the first day, once I talked to him, he began growing on me. Now, I’m in the process of inviting him back (just moved him out with an amiibo card) so his house will not have the junk that I gave him.

I’m not sure if Lily will be a permanent yet since I want Lolly, but I have grown very fond of Lily. I found her on a mystery island and was planning on moving her out eventually but now, the decision is quite difficult. At the same time, I don’t like the house she started with (she was my second or third one to move in) and can’t get rid of this ant she somehow acquired without me giving it to her.

I got Rosie on one of my first Nook island tours, and Beau was one of the original five random move ins for me. Both will most likely be permanent residents on my island. (Ironically, most of the villagers who I chose to move in are probably not permanent.)

I have serious attachment issues with villagers I’ve found on mystery islands by complete chance (Stella, Chief, Punchy, Sherb), especially if it was only after a few islands (I found Punchy on my fifth island and it was love at first sight lol). All of them are now permanent residents despite the fact I wasn’t looking for them. I think fate brought us together 💫

Back