Villagers that remind you of your Pets

MiniPocketWorld

Finding the joy in small things is not weakness.
Bells
White Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Are there any of villagers that remind you of your pets/past pets or look like your pets/past pets?
If not, would you like there to be? Would it be too weird? What would they look like? What would be their personality and interests?

Walker looks similar to my youngest and smallest dog who is super attached to me. Actually my dog's face is turning whiter each year with age, so it will eventually match Walker. I haven't met Walker yet so I hope to meet him in New Leaf sometime. I am sure I will love him.
I've had alot of hamsters as a kid, but none of the hamster villagers look like any of my hamsters in particular. However I do like the hamster villagers more than I probably would if I didn't have hamsters as pets. I am reminded of how cool hamsters are and how moody or sweet they tend to be.

I really wish (and I’m surprised it doesn’t exist!) there was a dog villager that resembled a corgi ;u; I think the closest would be Redd as my mom thinks my dog looks like a little fox (and I know Redd doesn’t really count because he is an NPC!).

Lolly reminds me of one of my late cats, who was a gray tabby.

Kiki kinda reminds me of one of my other late cats, one who passed away less than a month before her.

The dialogue and personalities don’t remind me of them; just their designs do.

Drago is technically an alligator with a frill in the game, but basically presents as a dragon. Being both a reptile and a dragon he reminds me of my pet Bearded Dragon (a medium sized lizard from Australia), which I hatched from an egg and had until he died at just shy of 9 years old, which is quite elderly for a Bearded Dragon. I'm always happy when any lizard gets representation in games, but having one that's also a dragon strongly reminds my of my beloved Bearded Dragon even if their coloring is nothing alike. My Beardie was definitely lazy, especially compared to his siblings and Mom, so that aligns with Drago as well. My Bearded Dragon wasn't a big cricket fan (he preferred silkworms, the spoiled boy) and would often sit there while they walked by him, which I'm reminded of when Drago talks about talking to bug friends. Because of these reminders Drago will always have a slot on my dream island.

Agnes reminds me of my pet cat. Even though Agnes is a pig. They're both mostly black with some white, and they're both adorable. Also, my cat would definitely be a Sisterly if she were in Animal Crossing, just like Agnes. My cat's athletic and bold and playful and a bit pig-headed.

I'm also pretty sure that Huck, the gray frog, is based off of African Dwarf Frogs, which are a species of fully aquatic gray frogs. I have 3 pet African Dwarf Frogs, and so am very aware of the resemblance. My frogs love to sing.

Last edited:
kiki has always reminded me of my kitty, zeva, because they’re both black shorthair cats. they’re also both painfully adorable, and i love them so much. 🖤
90A0DBA3-08BE-4194-BFFB-BE49C7EBCE3B.jpeg
7EA2552F-B278-41D6-A7A4-821387ECAD43.jpeg

I used to have a black cat. I knew her for most of my life. I got Kiki in New Leaf while my cat was still alive and later I got her Amiibo card by pure luck. I definitely had to scan Kiki into New Horizons for this reason.

I have three cats, a grey tabby, a red tabby and a black one, so based on looks, the villagers resembling them the most would be Lolly, Tabby and Kiki. However, Lolly is a normal while my grey kitty is clearly a peppy, and my red cat has no teeth while Tabby has many. My red cat is also a bit more dignified than Tabby. When it comes to cuteness and attitude, I guess the grey one would resemble Tabby way more than the red one does. As for the black cat, the normal personality is not too far off, but my cat is so pretty and (sorry, I know that's an unpopular opinion^^) I just don't like Kiki's face. Expression-wise my black kitty actually resembles Felicity.

Haha yep, Cherry reminds me of my badass dog, Tabby and Rolf remind me of my 2 cats. I don't have any on my island, but my bf has them all and actually calls them by the pets' names.

I really wish (and I’m surprised it doesn’t exist!) there was a dog villager that resembled a corgi ;u; I think the closest would be Redd as my mom thinks my dog looks like a little fox (and I know Redd doesn’t really count because he is an NPC!).
I would love for them to introduce a dog villager that looks like a corgi. My corgi looks like a fox as well. So yea redd would be the closest. I named my corgi girl after my favorite villager Aurora.

Definitely Cookie, she reminds me of my sweet and adorable beagle Shira, she has the sweetest big and sparkly eyes, the perfect chocolate chip nose and the super peppy and excited personality, my boyfriend's kitty Stella is the carbon copy of Kiki with also big yellow eyes and a normal, sweet and cuddly personality, I love both of them with my whole heart <3

My cat doesn’t look too much like Kiki, (my cat has grey long fur and greener eyes) but I call my cat Kiki so that’s why I love the in game cat haha

Butch and Shep look most like my two dogs, but no dog to match my peach and white italian greyhound!

Bea reminds me of my first beagle, Cupcake. She isn’t with us anymore. She only lived about seven years, which is a very short lifespan for a beagle. I was very young when I got her. I would love to get a golden retriever which is my favorite breed. Maybe they’ll remind me of Goldie?

Back