Valenties Day!

Just another excuse to get candy/cry at home watching my soaps or funny cheering up stuff, but it never works. Same dealio every year for me xD

I personally don't enjoy it despite having a significant other myself. I don't really like PDA so to see so many couples express it on that day makes me really uncomfortable/squeamish. But I do like spending time with my boyfriend at his house; I just wish I had money to buy him something really nice. xD

i'm too bitter for this holiday but i hope those with great people in their lives enjoy it. make sure ur treating your s.o. well everyday tho, not just one dumb day. that shouldn't even have to be said but ppl put too much importance on this day lol

also Valentines* day @ title

Last edited:
It's sad that Friday the 13 th is before Valentines day.
Maybe just maybe something magical happens.

I think it's a really cute day, and I love using it as a motivation to make sweet crafts for my friends and cook nice food. u wu

Last edited:
I will probably be at work to be honest. Looking forward to markdown candy after. I have been eyeing those heart shaped boxes of Ferrero Rocher since they put them up. Maybe some ACNL.

I will probably cook an epic dinner and down a few glasses bottles of wine... as per usual.

I think it's a super dumb holiday, but I celebrate it every year regardless. I'm taking my girlfriend out for sushi at a really bomb ass place in Broad Ripple and then we're gonna go see the SpongeBob Movie because she really wants to watch it.

i actually took a guy's shift from work because I.... don't have anyone to spend it with. He knows that which is why he asked me to take it.

But I love the idea of Valentine's Day. Next year will be different for me!

I'm going to Katsucon so I get be hang out and have a blast with all my nerd friends and a resort full of more nerds!!

But uh giving chocolate and stuff is nice.

ehh Valentine's is just another normal day for me tbh.. nothing that special. though I like seeing those funny valentine's card jokes on tumblr and i print one for my sister lmao

Valentine's Day is the day when the shops tell you that you need to buy chocolate, cards and other even more expensive gifts to show someone you love them. I've personally never done it myself, but I'm of the opinion that if you do actually love someone, you treat them the same every day of the year instead of being told the day you need to do it, but then I've never been one to attach much/any importance to holidays.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's going to be me and my boyfriend's seven month anniversary so we're going out to dinner! I hope you all have lovely days whether or not you have someone <3
Sorry to be pedantic, but an anniversary comes after a year.

Valentine's Day is the day when the shops tell you that you need to buy chocolate, cards and other even more expensive gifts to show someone you love them. I've personally never done it myself, but I'm of the opinion that if you do actually love someone, you treat them the same every day of the year instead of being told the day you need to do it, but then I've never been one to attach much/any importance to holidays.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry to be pedantic, but an anniversary comes after a year.
Nobody tell this guy about Sweetest Day.

I dislike all the hate Valentine's day gets. I understand it's another huge holiday that centers around getting someone gifts...but honestly, I think if there's anything worth celebrating, it's love. I mean, as far as I know, there's no religious context behind Valentine's day, (which I am actually /very/ okay with). It's a holiday where you can give gifts to your lovers, secretly or otherwise, or you can just say to someone that you love them and celebrate that. I love Valentine's day, whether I'm single or not, and I love love.

It encourages being sappy and eating chocolate what's not to like. one year I got so into the spirit I sent all my friends messages telling them I loved them and yeah I didn't think that through.

I dislike all the hate Valentine's day gets. I understand it's another huge holiday that centers around getting someone gifts...but honestly, I think if there's anything worth celebrating, it's love. I mean, as far as I know, there's no religious context behind Valentine's day, (which I am actually /very/ okay with). It's a holiday where you can give gifts to your lovers, secretly or otherwise, or you can just say to someone that you love them and celebrate that. I love Valentine's day, whether I'm single or not, and I love love.

If you love love so much, why don't you celebrate it every single day?

Oh sure yay you love love, you love to celebrate your love for someone, so why couldn't you do that the other 364 days of the year? Surely you should be able to treat your lover with as much love and kindness every single day and treat them as much as you can and well.. Just ALWAYS do special things for them. :\ Idk it's just a bit stupid to me, it's a waste of a holiday.

Back