• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Upping my game!

Foxxie

𝔽𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝔹𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕍𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕟𝕨𝕠𝕠𝕕
Bells
Switch
5327-7490-3517
Cherry (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Voodoo Doll
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Red Candy
Cake
Hi everyone :)

So I took quite a long break from ACNL, life really got in the way the last six months or so... but I picked it up again a few days ago and am really loving playing again :)

I updated my dream address last night... I am pretty pleased with my town really. This led to me checking out a few dream towns found through TBT... and WOW! I found some actually amazing towns that have really made me want to step up my game!

So the reason for this thread is this... what do you consider makes an amazing ACNL town? I am looking for ideas and inspiration for things I can do to improve Bevelle :)

I am currently pulling up my flowers and trees, in order to work on coordinating my colours a bit more and to generally neaten things up a bit as it was a bit messy... I will also be stocking up on bushes as I think they are a great way to section your town :)

But any other ideas to give Bevelle a bit more... oomph, I guess... would be most appreciated :)

Many thanks
Foxxie
x

Seems like the towns that are most impressive are FILLED with PWPs... As soon as one goes off the screen it seems like you run into another!

Plus lots of bushes. But I've got lots of bushes in my town and I feel like it's not very good... So there's definitely an art to it.

It helps if buildings look neat and organised. As in, they aren't all over the place on the map. It might take forever to get houses in perfect rows, but it looks really cool imo.

Also really nice-looking paths can help a town look better. Even dirt paths look nice if they're in a nature-themed town, because they're really fitting for it.

And speaking of themes... Themed towns are pretty nice. I especially love towns with themes of my favourite video games! They're just so awesome!

Back