Update v2.0 + HHP Discussion Thread

Wait, did the update include new flowers and bushes? Let me know, I think I missed this info.

Has this been mentioned yet?

She has fangs!
20211104_212216.jpg

So I noticed on one of Kappn’s islands that coconut trees just grow on the grass on one of them. Does that mean we can place coconut trees on regular grass on our own islands? I always thought you needed a little square of sand.

For anyone wondering about Turkey Day: it’s unlocked and you can access it! I’m currently participating now, lol.

So I TT'ed on Harv's island a day to unlock a shop... And Harriet offered me a new haircut! However, like old games you don't have the option to choose what it looked like (I ended up with a bizzare bun thing) It didn't cost bells, and you can choose to say you didn't like it, it will revert to your old style. I think the new style is unlocked in the mirror after this

I was experiencing this as well last night while TTing. I unlocked Redd first and he had the same selection as the day before when I came back.
harv shops refresh their stock once a week! expect new items on Mondays.
This was a specific one I got from redd at Harvey’s, so I’m not too sure whether it would work with the normal books!
it only works with the pocket books & pocket magazines you can get from Redd instead of the book furniture item, I think! Since the ones you get from Redd are the same handheld versions the villagers carry around and use (there are even variants so if you get dupes while pulling they might be different books & mags than what you already have)

Have we gotten any word yet if the DLC has items that weren't in the 2.0 Update? Been watching some streams but I'm still unfamiliar with the new update items that I'm not able to tell if they're new to the DLC or not.
I think the 9000+ list of items also cover those included in the DLC.

One thing I keep seeing crop up on gaming websites who are reviewing the update is that there’s apparently over 9,000 new items. That’s a lot and I have a feelings it’s going to take a long while before they’re all uncovered. 😳

Have we gotten any word yet if the DLC has items that weren't in the 2.0 Update? Been watching some streams but I'm still unfamiliar with the new update items that I'm not able to tell if they're new to the DLC or not.

It was said Nintendo confirmed with IGN a few weeks ago that the DLC contains no new items. The DLC will only allow you access to the archipelago and redesigning your villager's houses.

Last edited:
One thing I keep seeing crop up on gaming websites who are reviewing the update is that there’s apparently over 9,000 new items. That’s a lot and I have a feelings it’s going to take a long while before they’re all uncovered. 😳
It has been uncovered. I believe this counts the color variations as well, which is why it's over 9000.

If anyone gets Sasha, Ione and Shino please let me know. I want them so badly
I’m villager hunting some more after work so I hope to find any of those 3. I only found Roswell and Ace so far, but didn’t take them.

Last edited:
Back