Unisex bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh, if you want my opinion on this too, it's bull****. If you want to be seen as a guy, if you're really a trans guy, if you're really dysphoric, then you don't wear dresses and don't have your boobs hanging out. Why do I think clothes have a gender? Because society thinks so, and like I said, if you want to be taken seriously as a guy, you don't wear make up, you don't wear a dress. You try to look masculine, to look masculine, to be gendered he/him, to get called sir.

First of all, he never had his "boobs hanging out" and second of all, who are you to say what people can and cannot do, given it's not illegal or morally incorrect? It's not affecting you, don't worry about it.
"Because society thinks so"
Another one of the reasons I'm agendered, because apparently all of the stuff I like is "male" stuff. Like, no, I just like it, don't judge me or label a gender on my hobbies and interests.

Oh, if you want my opinion on this too, it's bull****. If you want to be seen as a guy, if you're really a trans guy, if you're really dysphoric, then you don't wear dresses and don't have your boobs hanging out. Why do I think clothes have a gender? Because society thinks so, and like I said, if you want to be taken seriously as a guy, you don't wear make up, you don't wear a dress. You try to look masculine, to look masculine, to be gendered he/him, to get called sir.

I love how you just admitted to not being able to think for yourself and basing your views and opinions off of society's.
Clothes do not have a gender. Neither does makeup, hobbies, or interests. Sure, he will have a harder time passing, but he in no way is any less of a man.

Are you trans? No? Stop trying to talk over trans and non-binary people about being trans and non-binary then.

Last edited:
I don't mind unisex bathrooms. There's unisex hair and nail salons so I don't mind.
But to be honest, I've really uncomfortable around men/boys due from a shtty history of cat-calls, sexual assault(oh boy), etc. The same can apply to girls because you know, everyone can be weirdos. I don't really think of it has a trans thing or whatever but it could be for budget cuts or whatever. If you gotta pee, pee.

I love how you just admitted to not being able to think for yourself and basing your views and opinions off of society's.
Clothes do not have a gender. Neither does makeup, hobbies, or interests. Sure, he will have a harder time passing, but he in no way is any less of a man.

Are you trans? No? Stop trying to talk over trans and non-binary people about being trans and non-binary then.

Ofcourse his feelings are valid, but if they were real, if she really was bothered so much by being misgendered, she would change. I know someone who was forced to dress feminine for her boyfriend, while in fact he is a trans guy, and she hated every second of it because she kept getting misgendered by strangers.

Also, I'm saying that stuff has a gender because it does. Maybe not to a small percentage of people, but in general, outside, at work, at holidays, people dress in the clothes of their gender, like females in dresses. I'm saying if you want to be taken serious, don't wear a dress as a trans guy. He can do whatever he wants, as long as he doesn't whine about being misgendered, because in society's eyes, what he wears is what a girl wears. And that is not gonna change soon. And these are not my words, this is what society sees.

And that is none of your business to be honest.

To be honest, transgender bathrooms are a good thing, all your doing is taking a quick pee(especially for guys), and it's a little upsetting to see people fighting

Temporarily closed for cleanup. When I reopen this, keep things on topic and chill with the arguing and accusations. If you think someone's broken ANY of the forum rules, REPORT it instead of publicly calling them out.

Thanks.

Ofcourse his feelings are valid, but if they were real, if she really was bothered so much by being misgendered, she would change. I know someone who was forced to dress feminine for her boyfriend, while in fact he is a trans guy, and she hated every second of it because she kept getting misgendered by strangers.

Also, I'm saying that stuff has a gender because it does. Maybe not to a small percentage of people, but in general, outside, at work, at holidays, people dress in the clothes of their gender, like females in dresses. I'm saying if you want to be taken serious, don't wear a dress as a trans guy. He can do whatever he wants, as long as he doesn't whine about being misgendered, because in society's eyes, what he wears is what a girl wears. And that is not gonna change soon. And these are not my words, this is what society sees.

Hey why do you hate non binaries and not think I'm valid or real :/

Who are you to say whether someone's trans identity is "real"? Who are you to say what someone should do if they're bothered? Not everyone wants to let themselves be pressured by society into what society deems is a "real" man or "real" woman. The experiences of trans people are not all identical and it is disgusting to assume and demand that idea. Not to mention how you're misgendering someone constantly in that whole little bit.
And no, inanimate objects and pieces of fabric do not have a gender. They have a targeted gender audience that is only enforced as a way to sell said products.

Being misgendered is a huge deal to trans people. You do not get to decide whether they are allowed to get upset about, not "whine about", being called the wrong name or pronouns. You do not get to decide whether anyone, whether they are trans or not's feelings about anything are valid or not.

I never been to a unisex bathroom so idk. I'm so used to men and women restrooms being separated that it might be weird.

Then the goal is to make it more normal to perceive it differently.

Last edited:
I never been to a unisex bathroom so idk. I'm so used to men and women restrooms being separated that it might be weird.

It's actually exactly the same. I remember walking in, looking around and being like "did I waltz into the wrong bathroom?" but then I noticed that there were more than one gender, and everyone was just doing their stuff. And I was like *star eyes* WOAH COOL and fixed my cosplay.

Then the goal is to make it more normal to perceive it differently.

Yes, I would agree with this, but I just don't think that's gonna happen. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to dress into a pink sweater with cats on it on a cold day, but I wouldn't really like being seen as a girl in any way. And instead of still doing it, like the guy in the dress, I don't, because it would make me quite upset if I got gendered as a girl for example. Does that make sense? probably not. But that's ok, I think i'm done discussing because this is going nowhere. Nobody is gonna agree with oneanother, no point in discussing. Thank you for taking the time to show me sources, and looking up stuff to educate me.

Yes, I would agree with this, but I just don't think that's gonna happen. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to dress into a pink sweater with cats on it on a cold day, but I wouldn't really like being seen as a girl in any way. And instead of still doing it, like the guy in the dress, I don't, because it would make me quite upset if I got gendered as a girl for example. Does that make sense? probably not. But that's ok, I think i'm done discussing because this is going nowhere. Nobody is gonna agree with oneanother, no point in discussing. Thank you for taking the time to show me sources, and looking up stuff to educate me.

I see a lot of guys do this, actually. The ones who are super against it are usually insecure about their masculinity from what I've seen and heard.
Also pink and cats are gender specific, too? Nothing is safe.

If you agree with my sentiment and would love to dress in a pink sweater without your masculinity being called into question then help challenge the idea that you can't dress how you like rather than play the cynic and say it'll never happen.

It'll only never happen when everyone's given up on the idea.

And instead of still doing it, like the guy in the dress, I don't, because it would make me quite upset if I got gendered as a girl for example. Does that make sense? probably not. But that's ok, I think i'm done discussing because this is going nowhere.

And that's your experience. Some people want to wear what they want to wear and what they feel comfortable in regardless of being misgendered. Not to mention some people can't afford to buy "their gender"s clothes, or they might not be out to their family and are doing it for safety issues. Again, not every trans persons' experiences are the same and not every trans person even experiences their dysphoria in the same way.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I see a lot of guys do this, actually. The ones who are super against it are usually insecure about their masculinity from what I've seen and heard.

Isn't pink seen as the "manliest thing in the world" now or something. Isn't that what happened like 10 years ago all the dudebros came together and went PINK IS MANLY and everyone agreed so that they can wear their pink polos with popped collars

Oh no, not the cats! *shrieks of horror*
seriously though, wearing pink is manly; shows you aren't afraid of having your masculinity questioned. :cool:

Isn't pink seen as the "manliest thing in the world" now or something. Isn't that what happened like 10 years ago all the dudebros came together and went PINK IS MANLY and everyone agreed so that they can wear their pink polos with popped collars

Hell yah. My cousin took part in that too, lol. Like I wear baggy tee shirts, no make-up, and sweatpants, but then the next day I'll wear a cute dress, do up my (super luxuriously long) hair, wear makeup and feel fabulous.

If you agree with my sentiment and would love to dress in a pink sweater without your masculinity being called into question then help challenge the idea that you can't dress how you like rather than play the cynic and say it'll never happen.

It'll only never happen when everyone's given up on the idea.

Well, love, it was just an example, if it's a warm sweater and I was freezing..lol. But I think most people have given up on the idea, or think it's weird/unusual. I'm not gonna fight against something that is this big. I can't make a difference, nobody is gonna make clothing not-gendered..

@nvll, (this is my last post), if they're not out yet, then they should probably be careful with what they tell others. and dysphoria is a requirement to get on hormones, over here at least. if you don't expierence dysphoria you're not trans. why? transgender = transition from male to female, female to male, people who are unhappy with their body. don't bother showing me sources, it has been changed so much, but this is my idea of what it's like. Or as people call it.. what is it again.. 'truscum'? I don't even remember. But yes, this is my last post. I hope. lol

@nvll, (this is my last post), if they're not out yet, then they should probably be careful with what they tell others. and dysphoria is a requirement to get on hormones, over here at least. if you don't expierence dysphoria you're not trans. why? transgender = transition from male to female, female to male, people who are unhappy with their body. don't bother showing me sources, it has been changed so much, but this is my idea of what it's like. Or as people call it.. what is it again.. 'truscum'? I don't even remember. But yes, this is my last post. I hope. lol

Didn't say any of that, I said dysphoria is experienced differently for different people, especially seeing as there are different types of dysphoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back