• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Undertale Discussion

Mewberries

Cherry Blossom
Bells
Not sure if this is a thread yet, but I'm doing it anyway. This is a thread for discussion of anything Undertale related.
Just follow the forum rules and have fun!

So, Who's your favorite character?

There's a thread for this but I'll give my thoughts anyway.

I love Undertale to bits and pieces, but it's popularity (read: fanbase) has more or less killed the spirit of the game for me.

The game deserves all the praise it gets but it doesn't deserve the fandom it got.

I agree with the first post ^^

Anyways I absolutely loved the music in the game I even bought the music so I can listen to it wherever I went!!
My favorite was Undyne as well buff fish girl trying to impress her geeky lizard girlfriend was very good!!

I don't really like the artwork for the game. It looks kind of weird to me. The music does sound really cool though. I saw a music level in Mario Maker for one of the game songs and that song was stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Basically what Zeph said. It's a really great game with neat characters and an awesome soundtrack and it even succeeds in providing a little nostalgia for me, but the fanbase took it way too far. Aside from never shutting up about it, making pointless discourse, and not letting people have their own opinions, I clocked out on paying attention to it when lewd fanart/text posts of innocent cartoony skeletons started popping up everywhere. Papyrus and Sans sure as hell didn't deserve what they got.

But to answer your question: my favourite characters are Mettaton and Napstablook.

I definetly agree with what the others said about the fanbase. It's such a shame a great game ended up with a fandom like this; not only does it consist of rude people and gross ships, but it convinces others to hate the game or not want to try it out purely because of the fanbase.

But anyway, my favorite character is Chara, because I just love making up headcanons about them.

I kind of miss the general atmosphere of undertale. Playing that game felt so comfy and relaxing. And the soundtrack is just to die for. I might replay it soon.

There's a thread for this but I'll give my thoughts anyway.

I love Undertale to bits and pieces, but it's popularity (read: fanbase) has more or less killed the spirit of the game for me.

The game deserves all the praise it gets but it doesn't deserve the fandom it got.

Pretty much how I feel. Regardless it's still my favorite game of 2015, been a long time since a game has made me feel for it like Undertale did. I don't feel like a story-driven game (and a short one at that) really has enough material to sustain a fandom anyway.

Basically what Zeph said. It's a really great game with neat characters and an awesome soundtrack and it even succeeds in providing a little nostalgia for me, but the fanbase took it way too far. Aside from never shutting up about it, making pointless discourse, and not letting people have their own opinions, I clocked out on paying attention to it when lewd fanart/text posts of innocent cartoony skeletons started popping up everywhere. Papyrus and Sans sure as hell didn't deserve what they got.

Welcome to every fandom that has ever existed. If you look at the definition of fandom in Merriam-Webster, it'd say "takes things too far." Not like you can always pretend like it doesn't exist while you enjoy the game.

Also favorite character: Mettaton, aww yeah.

Last edited:
i love undertale, its my favorite game ever i just love everything about it the fanbase (like every other one) is awful and just makes it look bad though but that doesnt change the fact that its a wonderful game ;_:

Not so much about the fandom; it actually put me off the game for a long time, before finally just taking a deep breath and saying, "Let's try it."

And I did love it, I will admit.

The music was great, the puzzles were actually surprisingly not bad, there was a lot about the game that made it amazing. However, if a fandom of a game can put me such a great game for so long, to the point where I was telling everybody how much I hated it, it's really bad. And it can't easily be fixed, either. The creator of the game, Toby Fox, can't just go out and say, "Hey, shut the hell up. Stop drawing naked skeletons and fish people", then there would be outrage, since apparently people enjoy doing that.

Anyways,
Favourite character: Asgore.

The creator of the game, Toby Fox, can't just go out and say, "Hey, shut the hell up. Stop drawing naked skeletons and fish people", then there would be outrage, since apparently people enjoy doing that.

He hasn't mentioned the gross fanart (from what I've seen) but he has actually recognized and made attempts to respond to the toxic parts of the fan base on his twitter. I'm pretty sure they were mostly general "Please stop being asses for no reason and respect each other" and "Oh god why did this have to happen to my thing" tweets, and of course his efforts were futile, but I respect that he tried at all.

Great game. I'm not sure who I like as a character most. Sans is cool. I like a lot of the others as well.

I agree with most people here. The fanbase kills it except for a few people :) but the game is awesome! My favourite character is Papyrus that I feel gets ignore by its fanbase when it should not be. He's like Sans shadow and that's so sad. I wish the character was better treated by its community.

omg same I hated undertale for its fanbase and cringe that my friend would say non-stop cause she's in undertale amino -_- but once I saw a playthrough it was amazing. I feel bad for the game now for having such toxic and cringe people making dirty fan art and ******** ships in its fandom. .-.

He hasn't mentioned the gross fanart (from what I've seen) but he has actually recognized and made attempts to respond to the toxic parts of the fan base on his twitter. I'm pretty sure they were mostly general "Please stop being asses for no reason and respect each other" and "Oh god why did this have to happen to my thing" tweets, and of course his efforts were futile, but I respect that he tried at all.

The most upsetting thing about all of this is literally JUST after the game got released, on Twitter he mentioned how the last thing he wanted from the game was for it to spiral out of control and never die.

The most upsetting thing about all of this is literally JUST after the game got released, on Twitter he mentioned how the last thing he wanted from the game was for it to spiral out of control and never die.

Oh yeah I remember that tweet too. I feel bad for the guy :/
Meanwhile I just had to block someone who had, to say the least, skeleton x a literal child art on their tumblr. No thanks.

the game makes me feel so safe, and its humor is exactly what i think is funny, it's a gr8 game with a greater soundtrack.

Back