Underrated Games

Truter

The Truter Brucer
Bells
What games do you consider to be underrated?

Usually the games I grew up with when I played the gamecube I remember games like: Chibi Robo, Custom Robo, Pikmin, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, Kirby Air Ride, Viewtiful Joe and of course animal crossing, reason why I'm on here to be honest. Among that list besides the obvious ones that are always being speedran all the time like Luigi's Mansion. I'd like to believe that Nintendo might go back to their roots like they did back then with the gamecube, did they do it because they wanted it sales? Well of course that's the reason why they were creative while being competitive at the same time against Sony and Microsoft when it came to gaming. I wouldn't say the reason why there was so many creative games is because of how hard it would've been to follow a pretty small disc format for the game to be played on the console. Nintendo could still do better if they have triple A games coming to the switch and that of the new upgraded version of the console. It's just difficult due to the fact that the switch can take games that can run up to the unreal engine 4. Not only that but the fact that there is games which run on an entirely different engine is what is at stake here and how much the cartridge and console could handle. I wouldn't call the latest Nintendo Direct a downer since people like to overhype, theorize and even investigate sources for reasons to be hyped instead of looking at how things really are without perceiving them as they aren't. I'd like to believe that if they want to make some good profit off the Nintendo Switch is by releasing games such as another 3D Donkey Kong game maybe even a new Paper Mario with unique characters and storyline. The key element people would look for is a storyline of course, the gameplay mechanics are also a huge factor. Usually it wouldn't make sense to bash indie games because of how pixelated or generic they might look like to some but at least it's something to appreciate. Not every company is used to making games with cartridges, usually downloaded games means having more memory for your system's miniSD card which makes it indeed a unique but harder way of porting games to the switch. This of course applies to the retail version of the game, the application for the game needs to be downloaded for the system in order to play the game once the cartridge is inserted. Not exactly an expert on how things operate on systems but I have played many games.

So which one would it be for you guys? A unique storyline for the games you choose to play or more of a competitive scene, how about both?

Most of the things I've mentioned on here besides the list of games I've played on gamecube are way offtopic. I wouldn't mind seeing another paper mario game or maybe even a donkey kong jungle beat game without having to use the bongos in order to play the game. Because so far it's kinda sad to see the route Nintendo is taking which once had charm and an adventurous storyline with many unique characters. I'm hoping that Luigi's Mansion 3 is not another dark moon tryhard since that game on the 3Ds really limited the exploration due to how it restricted you on straightforward missions on where you can't and can go. Pikmin 4 is also one of those games which has been talked about around 2015 but then Nintendo just stood quiet about it ever since, there was an article about it too. I might have missed so many other underrated games. If you've read this let me know which, for then I'd get a chance to buy them and play them later on.

Back