• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Two questions on flowers...

Miii

Bells
Silver Mailbox
Mailbox
User Title Color Change
Ruby
Pink Hybrid Lily
Isabelle
1. Do flowers grow at a slower rate in the winter months? In Summer/Fall after watering and using fertilizer on my rare blooms, I would get something like 3 or 4 more flowers the next day (I have a lot of them.) Now in Winter, with the same watering/fertilizer routine, I'm lucky to get a single new flower.

2. Do some rare blooms grow faster than others, or are some more likely to reproduce? I had just two blue pansies and one orange one when I started growing them. I now have almost enough blue pansies to make a border around the entire lower half of my town and I plan on making an orange pansy border for the upper half. BUT! I still only have 5 orange pansies. Whyyyy?

Last edited:
To simply answer your questions,
1. No, there isn't any difference. If anything, flowers grow more quickly in winter because it snows, which counts as watering the flower.

2. It depends. Certain combinations of flowers have a greater chance of producing a rare color, but all flowers should still reproduce at the same rate unless you're having bad luck.

Blue roses tend to breed slower and spawn new ones a lot less often than other colors.

If you have an open 7x7 area of land and at least 12 of the hybrid you want to breed, I highly recommend that you use this formation to breed as it has worked very well for me:

X = flower
O = empty space
J = Jacob's ladder (optional, but they help with hybrid breeding I believe)
F = fertilizer (again optional but helpful)

Note: Leave all of the spaces next to this formation empty so your hybrids have spaces to grow.

OXOXO
XJXJX
OXFXO
XJXJX
OXOXO

Last edited:
Just for reference, I grew every type of flower on my own, no cheating by using 2 blue from someone else, I grew my own blue rose, purple pansy, etc. I grew them during winter as well, and there was no difference between the seasons. They grew the same rate in winter as they did in summer. Hope that helps.

It's worth noting that the more flowers you have the lower your chances are of breeding a new hybrid.

Back