• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Tripping and King Tut's mask are back. Assuming bad luck is as well

TheKryptoKnight

Bells
Switch
2565-2760-0324
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Eerie Star Potion
Moonlight Halloweaster Egg
Orange (Fruit)

Attachments

• EeI6F9mUEAIcDET.png
    EeI6F9mUEAIcDET.png
    622.9 KB · Views: 31
Oh no! Is there an option to disable tripping or something? This seems a bit frightening for me. :eek:

Oh no! Is there an option to disable tripping or something? This seems a bit frightening for me. :eek:
In New Leaf (and I believe other games as well but I can’r remember), you could go to Katrina and she would tell you of certain clothes you could wear that day that would prevent you from tripping. You could also buy two hats from Katrina for 10,000 bells which could prevent tripping. Whether these will come back in NH is unknown, although I’m assuming they will be in the game.

I was thinking not too long ago if bad luck is back from this update. Seems that I was right.

Is it possible that tripping is triggered by running with the balloon? Or has someone proven it can be done normally as well?

I forgot how funny face planting onto stone flooring was. LOL

I hope it is just tied to bad luck and not tied to simply running with a balloon.

Luckily I never run on my island... mainly because it wasn’t til month three of playing that I learned how and by then I was used to not doing it and it feels like cheating to me now lol

Hopefully this is a sign that Katrina will be back as well eventually... surely, the inclusion of tripping and bad luck must indicate the possibility of good luck, and the possibility of finding out what your luck is?

Or is this just wishful thinking on my end...

i've just been thinking recently about how there's no tripping in this game... not sure if i'm happy or not. simply neutral on it. i do think it brings back some old charm though :)

If bad luck/ tripping is back, does this mean good luck is too? I don't remember good luck doing much in NL.

What if you tripped in front of your flowers? Will it cause collateral damage? :D

Man. I've missed randomly face planting, it's just amusing cause of how sudden it often is. Thank you, Nintendo :v

Ooh I want the mask! Time to go hit rocks! I get a good chuckle from tripping and was just thinking about this the other day! The little reaction the villagers had in the video is so cute too ;u; Tbh the only thing I would be mildly annoyed with is losing my balloon 😂

Back